What do we do about our WR corp? (1 Viewer)

Man we dont have no threat opposite Colston at all. Cordelle Patterson if he is there at 15 we better get him. BPA!!!

No, Nick Toon did not get cut. He had surgery or sprung his ankle or something during TC. So they put him on IR. There is no proven #2 WR we have on the Saints roster. Lance Moore is a slot WR. Andy Tanner a slot WR, Joe Morgan not a threat to land the #2 WR spot. He is more of a situational WR who can run deep and get under the ball. I would like to see Jarred fayson take hold to that #2 spot but we will se,. Saalim Hakim im not to sure about, Preston Parker...:scratch:, and Roby isnt a #2. We need a #2 WR and none of these WR can take that spot. They already had a chance to and what make you guys think they can now. If Colston get hurt then what. He isnt reliable for a whole season. Nick Toon could be that #2 but....:idunno:

#15 We grab Cordelle Patterson if the DT Star L is off board. BPA is always Saints motto!!

How would you defend this setup?

WR TE T G C G T TE WR

QB

RB

Last edited:
I think SP really liked having 2 burners at WR (had Devery/Meachem). Morgan is a burner and Tavon Austin could be a second one.

Don't forget with the signing of Watson, the saints are gonna look like the patriots offense at times with 2 TE sets creating mammoth

The Ben Watson signing is much larger than it appears on the surface. Sean is already drawing up plays as we speak.

Oh man. Being a fantasy football nerd, I was way more psyched than anyone understood about signing Watson. Watson is gonna be a solid upgrade from Thomas and give a good shot at doing the 2TE set like you said. Watson was a solid endzone target in Cleveland, I'm sure he'll be an even better one in our offense.

id be bummed if we took a wideout at 15 and even more when we took patterson, bad, indisciplined route runner, struggles to even understand the UT playbook (not even somethign as complex as the saints playbook).

the guy has amazing talent but in a teamwork scheme like the saints have his shortcomings will show more than his talents

X-Colston, Toon
Y-Moore, Colston, Toon
Z-Morgan

We are fine in the slot, could use another Z (speed guy)
Patterson could play all 3 spots but i worry about his intelligence and he looks like a diva
Austin could play the Y and Z and would be KR/PR and give us snaps at RB also....

For some odd reason, I have a weird feeling that an early curve-ball in this draft is going to be the Eagles drafting Austin that early. Chip Kelly loves players like him in his Duck system. He loves those small speedy guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Devry a free agent? So what do we do about that spot?

Laugh at all the teams with such weaker WR corps than what we've got?

Shy of that, I like all of the developmental players we've got and how we manage that corps even in the face of a crisis. It's the least of my worries.

We trade down, draft WR Aaron Dobson in the second. He becomes the deep threat

Ah nothing...?

Who would you take...

Stallworth, Henderson, and Meachem

Or

Colston, Moore, and Morgan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom