What do we do now that Quinn is off the market (1 Viewer)

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Where do we go from here to shore up the DE position? We still need someone to replace the loss of Okafor. But it can't be just a camp body. We need a good solid quality DE in a rotation to keep everyone fresh. We signed Mario Edwards and he is listed a DE on the roster, he'll probably play some DT until Rankins makes it back. If we keep him at DE, then we're right back where we started without having someone to fill in at DT with Oneyemata being suspended 2-4 games and Rankins not coming back until somewhere between weeks 6-8 and probably not in game shape. We also have Trey Hendrickson who was a healthy scratch in 11 games last season. Which tells me the coaching staff doesn't have confidence that he can hadle his duties at DE.
This a list of some of the FA DE's still on the Market:
Ziggy Ansah- DE, Detroit, Age-30
Adrian Clayborn- DE, Patriots, Age- 31
Randy Gregory- DE, Cowboys, Age-26 possible suspension.
William Hayes- DE, Dolphins, Age- 34
Chris Long- DE, Eagles, Age- 34
Dion Jordan- DE, Seahawks, Age- 29 Hasn't lived up to his potential.
Derrick Morgan- DE/OLB, Titans, Age-30
Nick Perry- DE/OLB, Packers, Age-29
Kony Ealy- DE/OLB, Raiders, Age- 27
Like I said these are just some of the known names on the FA list. I would like to hear anyone elses input on what other options we have. Me personally I would go after Ansah or Clayborn.

I've been wondering why clayborn hasnt been picked up. Hes a solid ver if nothing else. We need a guy who can succeed while splitting time with Davenport, and also be THE starter at either end spot if Cam or Davenport have to miss any time.

I've been wondering why clayborn hasnt been picked up. Hes a solid ver if nothing else. We need a guy who can succeed while splitting time with Davenport, and also be THE starter at either end spot if Cam or Davenport have to miss any time.
Clayborn doesn't really provide anything in the pass rush department. He had like 6 sacks in one game against some guy off the street who lined up for Dallas one game a couple years ago. Other than that, he hasn't been able to get pressure.

I would think we would pick someone up on that list I like Perry. Personally I would like to see if we could do something with Ealy or Jordan. I think Nielson could do something with them even with Ealy being on the smaller side but I see using his quickness better than the Raiders did. Everyone on that list except Gregory would be a good for a 1 or 2 year contract.

I hope Onyemata isn't suspended for 4 games I never heard if the NFL imposed a suspension on him. I really don't think he will get a suspension (I know it's Goodell but it will look really bad if it's not warranted) it is his first mistake and Goodell might want to watch what he does with Onyemata's case. I understand he wasn't found being under the influence at the time. I would also like to see if Ziggy would still be a option but it seems like this will have to play out later it seems like the shoulder is not good enough right now and not having any other team showing interest kind of leans towards that.

I would jump at the chance to get Ogbah he is a good player that plays with passion and has a mean streak in him at least in the Browns games I watched.

I would jump at the chance to get Ogbah he is a good player that plays with passion and has a mean streak in him at least in the Browns games I watched.
I would like Ogbah too, but what kind of compensation would we have to give up to get him in a trade. Wasn't he a 1st or 2nd round pick. We would have to give up too much for a starter that would be in a rotation on our team. Not only that, but what kind of money would he be wanting. The good thing though if we can afford him is when Cam Jordan slows down he can be an immediate starter in Cam's spot.

Nothing IMO. I’m fine with Cam, Davenport, Edwards, & Hendrickson.

If anything I would want to sign a cheap safety to replace Kurt Coleman. I hope we can bring back Tyeler Davison on a minimum one year deal if no one signs him as well.
I’m ready to pull the plug on the Hendrickson experiment

I would like Ogbah too, but what kind of compensation would we have to give up to get him in a trade. Wasn't he a 1st or 2nd round pick. We would have to give up too much for a starter that would be in a rotation on our team. Not only that, but what kind of money would he be wanting. The good thing though if we can afford him is when Cam Jordan slows down he can be an immediate starter in Cam's spot.

He is a second round pick from 2016. His salary is only 2 million but it depends on what Cleveland would want in draft picks. I think something like one of our 5th round picks this year and a 4th next year that's just a guess I doubt we would offer a 2nd rounder that's a bit high.

Here is the article where his salary and where he was drafted at. I don't think if he is straight up traded he could negotiate a new deal but if he can I bet you could double it and go 4 mil a year with sack incentives to up it to 4.5 or 5 mil.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...el-ogbah-and-the-cowboys-could-be-interested/

Just saw this article was already posted in the original post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom