What do we do now that Quinn is off the market (1 Viewer)

hey drew brees is really 30, not 40. lets trade two draft picks to develop a raw pass rusher,,,,,,,,, this is the reason we didn't have any ammunition to go after Quinn, who I'm my opinion is better the davenport. Wasting a pick on Bridgewater goes into the same category. either go for it now or plan for the future......half butting both is 20 steps back
...he says about the team one (blown) call from representing the NFC in the most recent Super Bowl....

Would a trimmed down Suh work? The Rams were playing him a lot in the 2nd half of the season at DE a fair amount.

I'm not sure I want Suh on this team, but curious to see in others opinions would this be possible. Thx

You SR Who Dats who have been around a few years know that I am compelled to say the annual, "If we had only gone after Tommy Parsons from LSU 3-years ago, he would be pro bowl TE by now. But you think Loomis and SP listen to me????? Nooooooooooooooooo

I still like this option for Ogbah and it wouldn't really break the bank he is in a contract year but the compensation draft pick wise should be high as mentioned in this article. I think we should at least see what it would take to add another pass rusher at a decent price. He could be a good replacement for Okafor.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/01/saints-browns-should-trade-emmanuel-ogbah/

This is an interesting idea if we're talking about a late round pick. Ogbah has been a full time starter for the Browns for the past three years with mixed results. I would love to see what Ryan Nielsen could get out of him though.

This is an interesting idea if we're talking about a late round pick. Ogbah has been a full time starter for the Browns for the past three years with mixed results. I would love to see what Ryan Nielsen could get out of him though.
I think he would be a good project. I would think a late round pick would be enough to get him and we would have him cheap for a year and can determine if he is worth keeping after that.

I think Nielsen could really elevate his game and squeeze some pretty decent production out of him. Ogbah has the tools he just needs to be surrounded by the right players and a good coaching staff. I am not sure how the the Browns defensive staff is overall( I would think they would be the last team anyone would be interested in outside of Cleveland) but I know we have very good defensive staff so yea I would like to see what we could do with him.

I still like this option for Ogbah and it wouldn't really break the bank he is in a contract year but the compensation draft pick wise should be high as mentioned in this article. I think we should at least see what it would take to add another pass rusher at a decent price. He could be a good replacement for Okafor.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/01/saints-browns-should-trade-emmanuel-ogbah/
This was mentioned in another thread a few days ago and something I've thought about since then. Ogbah has been a starter for the browns for the last 3 years and he is still young. I believe we could get him for a mid-round pick. We need to start thinking about finding someone to be the heir apparent for Cam Jordan who is 29 and may start to wear down the way he plays and all the snaps he plays. Ogbah could be that guy. I'm sure Nielsen could bring him up to speed and have him playing better.

This was mentioned in another thread a few days ago and something I've thought about since then. Ogbah has been a starter for the browns for the last 3 years and he is still young. I believe we could get him for a mid-round pick. We need to start thinking about finding someone to be the heir apparent for Cam Jordan who is 29 and may start to wear down the way he plays and all the snaps he plays. Ogbah could be that guy. I'm sure Nielsen could bring him up to speed and have him playing better.

I'd go after Ogbah and offer a conditional 2020 4th or 5th that becomes a 3rd or a 4th based on playing time and/or metrics like sacks, hurries, etc.

It was mentioned here and for those same reasons. ;)

He's still young. He has starting experience. He was a second round pick. And he wouldn't cost as much of some of others. He's at least worth a 2020 conditional roll of the dice.

It was mentioned here and for those same reasons. ;)

He's still young. He has starting experience. He was a second round pick. And he wouldn't cost as much of some of others. He's at least worth a 2020 conditional roll of the dice.
Totally agree with what you're saying. There's no doubt he's worth a 2020 conditional pick. I believe he could do better in our system under Nielsen.

I agree it's hard to think Cam has been here for 8 years and has risen to new levels every year. Cam has been our Drew of the defensive line solid and the heart of it especially during the lean years as well as the good years. If we can find someone to relieve Cam we can prolong his career he has been a iron man for 8 years. I really hope we can take a serious look at Ogbah because I have feeling he may not last much longer before some team does make that trade. Plus we would have a Oneymata and a Ogbah on the d line it doesn't get any cooler sounding than that besides having Oakafor in there.

1st: In what way does using 2 1st’s to get Davenport impact our attempt on Quinn? Do you think we would have given up a 1st for him lol?

2nd: Bridgewater is still on our roster and is in all likelihood our future franchise QB considering his extension. So how was that trade a wasted pick?

3rd: We addressed our need at DE with Davenport who was successful before his injury (helping us now) while being a rookie who can only get better (helping our future). While Bridgwater gave us the 2nd best backup in the nfl in case Brees had to miss a few games while also being our future starter. How are any of these moves “half butting” either direction?

You have to be a troll or genuinely confused lol
Confused with the true direction and intentions of the team. Drew’s contract-that he deserves- eats up a certain amount of the cap room that should command every resource to build around. Not a penny should be spent now securing any kind of future after our once in a lifetime qb is gone. To me, Davenport isn’t gonna be good enough until drew is gone and teddy isn’t conrtibuting at all to the starting Offense-defense-special teams. Perhaps those two moves weren’t made, we could have packaged some sort draft equity to add a bonfide pass rusher opposite Cam

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom