What do we do with Sharper at the end of the year? (1 Viewer)

Hurry up and find the fountain of youth....let's get this guy 13 years younger and in Black and Gold forever lol.

2 year contract and a promise to coach thereafter... the guy needs to retire a Saints.... aka Sam Mills and the Panthers

Make him King of Bacchus parade and re-sign for at least 2 years, with maybe an option for the 3rd.

I'd bet that if he stays healthy and continues to play at the same level he'll re up with the Saints for a two or three year deal (which probably will actually be a single year deal with options for more years). He's thriving in Gregg Williams D and seems very happy with the team.

BTW - the Saints are going to need the franchise tag for either Jahri Evans or Jammal Brown. Evans is playing on a single year RFA contract and will be a hot commodity on the FA market. Isn't Brown in the final year of his rookie deal? His injury certainly hurt his FA stock but if he can pass a physical he'll be in demand too.

Does anyone know the real story behind the Jamaal Brown on IR move? He was supposed to be back in a few weeks then he's placed on IR and gone for the season. Has Brown ever made a public statement? I get the feeling that JB may not be on this roster next season, which would mean Evans probably gets the Franchise tag.

Williams is under contract for 2-3 years and he will not be going . Loomis would be crazy to just let Sharper go like Minnesota .

I reckon Sharper will retire as a Saint. If we win the Super Bowl this year I would not be shocked if he calls it a career and hangs up his cleats at the top of his game with a Fleur De Lis ring on his finger. He seems really bright and articulate too, which are good things to be if he decides he might like to try coaching after he decides his playing days are over.

I wonder if he has a chance to make it into the HoF? His numbers are nearly there and his longevity is good. If he were to get a pick or two in a Super Bowl Canton might not be out of the question. Just thinking out loud here..

Williams has done a better job of turning our individual defensive players into a single functioning defensive team quicker than anyone could have reasonably expected. Loomis is no dummy and Benson likes winning, so the miracle Williams has accomplished is not lost on them. If the season ends anything at all like it is beginning the Saints will do everything practicable to keep Williams happy. Williams doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would be shy in telling somebody if he was unhappy or why he was unhappy. I hope he has some enormous performance based bonus clauses in his contract for things like top ten defense rankings and playoff appearances.

Speaking of bonusses, while Im being free and easy with Bensons money, if we do make it to a Super Bowl with Williams as DC I hope Payton gets a $250k bonus. Like getting your deposit back when you return a Coke bottle undamaged.

Obviously I know it is very early so please save the "enjoy the moment" posts. But do you guys think the team will offer him a big extension at the end of the year?

If the team franchised him, would he be the oldest player to ever get a franchise tender?

I've been saying that for two weeks now. Hopefully the Saints make him an offer he can't refuse. He could give us two more years. He's still in great shape.

We have the extra cash, we clone him and this time we draft him.

He'll be ready in 20 years.

We just have to make sure his name is different so no one catches on......

Perhaps Ron Sharper. With a mustache.

In the interrum, I don't really have an answer. Sharper one more year then Usama?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom