What do we do with Sharper at the end of the year? (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Obviously I know it is very early so please save the "enjoy the moment" posts. But do you guys think the team will offer him a big extension at the end of the year?

If the team franchised him, would he be the oldest player to ever get a franchise tender?

He's the difference maker, why wouldn't you offer him something large.

I don't know if he'll be franchised, but I would be surprised if he wasn't offered a nice contract. I kinda get the impression he likes it here, so moving on at the end of the year might not be that big of a concern.

That all depends on the year end results. If we win a SB, I could see him leaving for a huge payday. If we come close, I could see him staying for a nice lucrative deal. I dont see loomis overpaying for 1 good year of service. But I guess that also could depend on what the coaches & FO think of usama's progression at the FS spot.

lets see how the rest of the year goes,the more you win the better the chances of him WANTING to stay in the Big Easy,but why not sign him:idunno: not that hard to see what he has brought to this team's defense...

well, we admire his SB ring, then resign to a longer contract, get him to finish his career with the Saints.

At minimum they will pick up the option and increase the amount he is paid.

There is only one option in his contract and it comes at mid-season I believe. It is a one year contract with a roster bonus stashed in the middle of it.

I say sign him to a 2 year extention today and get it over with.

Hopefully he doesn't follow Gregg to Washington.

Or Dallas. I think Garrett now has the stink of failure on him and Jones will do a complete housecleaning. Jerrah/Skeletor would kill for Payton but I think he'd be happy to poach Gregg Williams.

I'm willing to bet he has an option for a 2nd year in the contract.As far as Greg Williams is concerned he's not going to washington,that job is gonna be offered to Shanahan, and the only other coach I see getting fired after this season is Tom Cable, and it was said the other day that Holmgren is allready wanting back in the nfl, and dont forget Cower.If I were a betting man, we'll have GregWilliams atleast for next season also_O yea can't forget Wade down in Dallas-he's gone too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom