What do we do with Trequan Smith? (1 Viewer)

I assume he makes the team and plays a healthy percentage of snaps. He is the best blocking WR who *also* represents a deep threat; last year really didn't play to his strengths as he is far more of a complementary receiver rather than a primary one but I can see him having a very productive year (pending health) as the WR that most disguises the upcoming play. He should see some excellent single-coverage chances deep as defenses won't know if he is in primarily to block or break deep. Harty is clearly a faster option ... but his blocking is way behind TQS'.

Of course, Olave could take his snaps depending on how they set him up on the field and what routes they assign him. I don't know how well Olave blocks, though.

kdf is the SSF’s top troll… he states that Callaway is destined for the PS (after he was the default #1 WR last season). He had 700yds receiving and 6TDs, but he’s in jeopardy of losing his spot on the PRACTICE SQUAD to LJH?!?

He didn't have 700 yds receiving (698yds) and in 12 of the 17 games he played...... uh hmm.....I mean STARTED, he didn't have more than 50yds receiving not to mention 0rec 0yds 0tds the last game of the season. All facts and nothing you can say about it. NOTHING. I'll just leave this up for the M. Callaway stans.

OK. I'm being serious now. Saint Lattimore your post that you have been putting up lately have been spot on and great. So I'm giving you props because I don't hate on anyone. I'm not sucking up its just facts. I was lieing dormant in my cave until I seen what you wrote. But anyways I hope your well and I meet you at a game one day and we sit next to each other, the first beer is on me. WHO DAT!!

Look at the Failclowns WR group (prior to the draft and the Bryan Edwards trade)…
TQS went on a FA visit there, and they passed! That’s a huge red flag if I’ve ever seen one!

If he makes the team at this point, it’ll be because he all of the sudden becomes a ST dynamo!
I'd take Callaway over TQS. He put up good numbers considering he's a #4/borderline #3 receiver forced to draw the opposing team's best corner. I think TQS might find himself the odd man out. If Shaheed is recovered from his ACL injury, he's potentially way more dangerous than TQS.

Add in. Dennis Allen’s recent statement to the effect of, their is some things yet to be determined with CGM, lends me to think; Is there some discourse with CGM and the team/coaches? Is he still not healthy to go? Combination of both? 🤷‍♂️
Hopefully it’s just being careful with his words. Being truthful, though, Thomas is almost 30 and hasn’t really played football in going in two years. It’s kind of scary when you think about it, but again, hopefully we’re just being cautious, and he’s good.

I was thinking last night, Landry will also be 30 next season, so our WR fix may only be short-term. Sucks, but hopefully Thomas is fine and he and Landry ball out and give us a good season, and maybe even both have 3 great years left. Just something to keep in mind.

Don’t laugh, but I hope TQS makes the team. Say we go with 6 WRs: MT, TQS, Jarvis, Olave, Quez n Harty.

MT, TQS, n JL aren’t the fastest, but all r physical.

Olave, Quez, n Harty aren’t the most physical, but they are all quick/ fast. Quez has a nice frame, so I can see him adding a few more lbs of muscle to it. Not so for Deonte, at all. SPEED is his game, so jus work more on his route running for now. Olave’s biggest neg is probably his lack of physicality, esp as a blocker. However, like Quez, he has the frame to add more weight to his frame. He’s likely gonna add a few lbs this year, but likely more so during the offseason next year.

So for now, I like the “blend” of 3 physical WRs n 3 quick/fast ones. The physical ones can take some of the wear n tear off the speed guys. The speed guys can open the field up more for the physical WRs in the short/mid range passing game.

We’ll see

He didn't have 700 yds receiving (698yds) and in 12 of the 17 games he played...... uh hmm.....I mean STARTED, he didn't have more than 50yds receiving not to mention 0rec 0yds 0tds the last game of the season. All facts and nothing you can say about it. NOTHING. I'll just leave this up for the M. Callaway stans.
All up in the Kool- Aid and don't know the flavors!

It would be interesting to see what DA does w/ TQS. I thought he was mostly kept around because of Sean. If he makes it through TC and pre season without an injury, I will start worrying about how TQS fits in our offense. If there was a guy who needs to prove it, it's TQS.

Other WR musings of mine.......

I don't see the WR role for Hardy expanding. For these reasons.

Hardy would be our only proven elite KR. I don't see DA risking him as an every down WR, unless pressed into service by multiple injuries to the WR core. Like last yr.

Olave, is as fast/faster and a bigger target, will be the more preferred WR on those go routes.

Should one of the WRs not be able to play (injury, suspension, covid, etc) Calloway or TQS are more likely to go in as back ups.

Hardy is a very good WR/KR and will be great on the plays they design for him, but I don't think DA will feel compelled to put him out there to get beat up. Like last yr. I think this is why we went after another WR in FA. Someone has to do the dirty work over the middle.

TQS isn't going anywhere.

Olave, Harris, nor Calloway have proven capable of being MOF Targets(in Olave's case you wouldn't even want to use him that way early on). Smith has. His spot and role are more secure than this thread would have you believe.

He'll make the team and contribute.

TQS isn't going anywhere.

Olave, Harris, nor Calloway have proven capable of being MOF Targets(in Olave's case you wouldn't even want to use him that way early on). Smith has. His spot and role are more secure than this thread would have you believe.

He'll make the team and contribute.
Thank you. So the pecking order:
1.MT13
2.Olave
3.J. Landry
4.Harty
5.TQS
6. Callaway

Its going to get very interesting if they only keep 5 WRs.

I'd take Callaway over TQS. He put up good numbers considering he's a #4/borderline #3 receiver forced to draw the opposing team's best corner. I think TQS might find himself the odd man out. If Shaheed is recovered from his ACL injury, he's potentially way more dangerous than TQS.
Definitely! Callaway over TQS 11/10 times over!

Shaheed is destined for the redshirt/IR year.

This is the make-or-break year for Trautman!
With the WRs the Saints have attained, and AK and a talented (albeit older or unproven) stable of RBs drawing attention… Trautman could be due for a big year, or he’s going to be tabbed a “bust” and replaced

Well, I'm waiting............

Prove me wrong in what I said, here is your chance to get me. I'm wide open take your shot.
I'm not getting in the way of you looking foolish. By all means regale us with your wisdom. I see no interest in our wager. So much for you as "the big baller shot caller" you fancy yourself.

Thank you. So the pecking order:
1.MT13
2.Olave
3.J. Landry
4.Harty
5.TQS
6. Callaway

Its going to get very interesting if they only keep 5 WRs.
I honestly can’t see how anyone who actually watches Saints games.. can look at the WR corps and say that TQS is ahead of Callaway in the pecking order. That’s ridiculous!

In the 1 year (his 2nd year after being an UDFA in the COVID year) he had as a starter, Callaway had better stats (across the board) as TQS’s best year as a pro!!!!

What?

Everything points to Callaway when comparing the two players!

The WR depth chart going into TC is…
Michael Thomas
Chris Olave
Jarvis Landry
Marquez Callaway
Deonte Harty
TQS
LJH, McClesky, Merritt, and everyone else…

TQS only makes this team if they keep 6

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom