What do we do with Trequan Smith? (1 Viewer)

Let's pump the brakes, folks.

We have yet to see 100% confirmation that CGM is ready to go. No, I'm not saying that he's not... but I would feel a lot better if we see him making some of those quick, hard cuts that he's well known for.

If CGM is ready, then our WR corps will have to be top 3 in the NFL. We will have gone from the outhouse... to the penthouse (comparing our passing game to last season).

:gosaints:
who is CGM

I get tickled when I see "hate", or "hating the guy", or "hating on the guy". GEEEEEEEZ, nobody "hates" any Saints player that is a Saints fan. We just don't think he needs to be on our roster. Simple as that. Find another word.

I get tickled when I see "hate", or "hating the guy", or "hating on the guy". GEEEEEEEZ, nobody "hates" any Saints player that is a Saints fan. We just don't think he needs to be on our roster. Simple as that. Find another word.

Have you seen the hate spewed by some posters towards him? The word is appropriate for some of these posters.

The TQS signing made little sense in terms of timing...he could've been had during the post draft FA period if Landry fell through...I bet if they could do it all over, they would've waited. Signing TQS and retaining him on the 53 takes away a roster spot that could've been used on a developmental WR.

TQS has been in the league for 4 years, if he was going to blossom into something, it would've happened by now.

The TQS signing made little sense in terms of timing...he could've been had during the post draft FA period if Landry fell through...I bet if they could do it all over, they would've waited. Signing TQS and retaining him on the 53 takes away a roster spot that could've been used on a developmental WR.

TQS has been in the league for 4 years, if he was going to blossom into something, it would've happened by now.

Joe Horn didn't do anything for 4 years.

Joe Horn never got a chance to be a #1 for those first 4 years either. TQS had nothing but opportunity this last season...didn't do all that great.
If he was that good at year 4, then he should've took that #1, 2, 3 or 4 WR position. He didn't.

I am always wary of WRs from UCF and WVU. They are always super raw and take too long to develop, if ever.

TQS has atleast carved out a role player role, but with the recent WR additions he's being pushed down the depth chart. Although he does the dirty work not playing ST is going to hurt him.

Have you seen the hate spewed by some posters towards him? The word is appropriate for some of these posters.

Some folks get frustrated with a player, make unfounded or unsupported allegations, attack the character and basically act like petulant children....I have friends and family that are guilty of it.....it's mostly just emotional IMO....I try to avoid falling into that trap....

And KC clearly didn't know what they had in Joe Horn. It's understandable because he was a 5th round pick from a small school. He finally got some significant playing time at WR in the last half of the 1999 season and was productive but not enough for KC to think he was worth signing to a 2nd contract.

I remember his first camp here and folks attending were blown away that no one could cover him....h

It's my opinion, but I'm also not going through all of the TQS threads to find all of the over the top hateful takes on him.
I’ve been a TQS supporter over the years… when he “flashes” he looks legit!

…but, he flashes less and less and is unavailable more and more as time progresses.

He’s got talent, but I’m not sure he’s a NFL WR. No matter what, he’ll always have those moments when he was on the receiving end of a Brees record-setting TD.

He’s just not reliable… or that good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom