What do we do with Trequan Smith? (1 Viewer)

It is rare that we keep more than 5 WRs on the roster. I think, if Thomas, Olave, Landry, Callaway, and Harty are all healthy, Smith gets cut. It’s a shame we gave him $2 million guaranteed. Also, an UDFA could prove worthy of a roster spot.

It's almost as if everyone has ignored the team's longtime passion for blocking WRs and their explicit appreciation for TQS when he wasn't in Sean's doghouse.

He's going to see the field more than #5 and #6 because of his role in heavy formations and designed run plays.

The 5th and 6th WRs on depth chart better have value blocking or ST value to feel safe-- and TQS is an elite blocker and competent replacement WR otherwise with decent size and speed.

It is rare that we keep more than 5 WRs on the roster. I think, if Thomas, Olave, Landry, Callaway, and Harty are all healthy, Smith gets cut. It’s a shame we gave him $2 million guaranteed. Also, an UDFA could prove worthy of a roster spot.
is it guaranteed if he doesn't make the team?

Harty needs to stick with PR KR duties and have a few designed plays a game. That leaves TQS and Callaway as the WR4, and if TQS is healthy, he is the better WR. But we know he usually isn’t.

You gotta like what the FO has done here. If you’d have told me in February that TQS and Callaway would be duking it out for the WR4 spot in TC, I would’ve considered that alone as a giant personnel win. GIANT.

We normally.keep 6 WRs so unless someone like Shaheed beats him out he is going to make the 53
Shaheed vs TQS will be fun to watch. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Shaheed win the last WR spot because of his speed and youth. Wish we could keep 7 WRs on the roster since Shaheed will likely get signed off of the PS eventually.

Shaheed vs TQS will be fun to watch. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Shaheed win the last WR spot because of his speed and youth. Wish we could keep 7 WRs on the roster since Shaheed will likely get signed off of the PS eventually.

I think he will take some of the return duties from Harty and let him concentrate on receiver more. I think he makes the team for sure considering his kick return prowess and be a UDFA steal and solid WR depth

TQS has been on some horrible WR groups. Horrible. I’m not saying it’s a sure thing, but there are a lot of players who play much better when they are part of a better team.

TQS could be like that. It happens a lot, and explains why sometimes a player will get cut from one team and go on to be successful on another. It matters who lines up next to you.

WOW!!! Some of you guys make it sound like the guy is garbage. He is actually a darn good player. He has darn good hands and he BLOCKS down field. I think when it's all said and done, he'll be on the 53

He has his haters for sure.

He can play every WR position, has a career catch rate over 65% and blocks. The guys he's competing with for WR4 can't say the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom