what do we expect of akiem hicks this year? (1 Viewer)

Snap to the QB, hands off to the RB.....going up the middle....aaaaaand......

Attachments

• 120759.jpg
    120759.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 15
He has talent, size, strength, and the right attitude. I expect him to show significant progress this year. I think he was a great pick in the third round and I can't wait to see him play in the new scheme.

I really see Hicks being a huge impact this year last year with limited playing time he was bull rushing guys backward with ease! And playing NT in the 3-4 is gonna fit his play style perfectly he's big long and take up space and will command double teams which will help guys like galette tez and now butler get to the QB more and causing more hurries and sacks thus creating more turn overs with the Qb being hurried!

As a lineman, and a 3-4 lineman at that, I expect him to have unheralded success. Him playing great will shine in everyone around him playing ten times better, not in him racking up sacks or TFL's.

I think Hicks will be dominant as a DE or NT. Lets not forget about Tyrun Walker he could make an impact to. Hopefully those 2 will see the field alot more this season.

I think these two guys become building blocks on the DL along with Jordan. I think vets like Smith and Coleman providing veteran leadership and snaps as these young guys are get comfortable in this defense but I think we have the bodies already at DE with Smith, Jordan, Johnson, Walker and Coleman and NT may be the only spot we may need to address with just Bunkley and possibly Hicks as the only bodies at NT.

As a lineman, and a 3-4 lineman at that, I expect him to have unheralded success. Him playing great will shine in everyone around him playing ten times better, not in him racking up sacks or TFL's.

This!

The other player I wanna see show up in the same way is Bunkley. He was solid but "quiet" for us last year. But Bunk gave O lines the blues the year before when he was in Denver ( like against the Jets when he dominated All Pro Nick Mangold!).

I hope he returns to that form in RRs 1 gap, 3-4 this year. IF he can, he and Hicks could form a pair of "disruptors" who create MAYHEM along the D line( like a "Thing 1" and "Thing 2' :hihi:) forcing the opposing O and its players outta their game, and at the same time, giving their own teammates more opportunities for the big play!

Now add in Cam Jordan, perhaps our best player on D last year, and in only its first year, this could be one of the better 3-4 D lines in the NFL!

We'll see.

domination. I expect him to be unstoppable. Crashing thru the line making TFL...i think he and Lofton are going to make a lot of plays in the backfield this year.

Something we haven't seen from this defense in a while.

Same here!! This WILL be a break out year for Hicks, lots of qb and rb body slams coming from Mr.Hicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom