what do we expect of akiem hicks this year? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Does he make a big impact this year? I think the talent is clear, still raw though. Is it too early for him to be an immediate standout in our new 3-4 D?

I have high hopes. Still remains to be seen how he will be used (5 tech, nose, both?) but he has all the tools and the willingness to use them.

This is backwards. Fans don't set the expectations..... especially this early. You don't' even know his role. He doesn't know his role.

Sadly I think a lot of people will expect him to put up 3-tech stats, but in a 3-4 he probably won't unless he just dominates. If he plays NT then his job will be to take on double teams and clog the middle, as the other DE he will be assigned to keep backside contain. I think he will be given opportunities to shine and will but because of his role and specific assignments he may not put up the stats people think he should like with Dorsey in K.C..

IMO no matter what he will be a dominate D-lineman and will do very well

Sadly I think a lot of people will expect him to put up 3-tech stats, but in a 3-4 he probably won't unless he just dominates. If he plays NT then his job will be to take on double teams and clog the middle, as the other DE he will be assigned to keep backside contain. I think he will be given opportunities to shine and will but because of his role and specific assignments he may not put up the stats people think he should like with Dorsey in K.C..

IMO no matter what he will be a dominate D-lineman and will do very well

Right - keep him at DT! What I like about him at DT is his size/awareness combination. He uses his height to his advantage to see over the top of those double teams. If we move him to DE, we will have to develop his agility. At his size, its hard to get agile. I cant imagine a 6'5 330 pounder having a spin move.

I expect him to take big steps. Playing the run well with 6-8 sacks would be really good IMO.

domination. I expect him to be unstoppable. Crashing thru the line making TFL...i think he and Lofton are going to make a lot of plays in the backfield this year.

Something we haven't seen from this defense in a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom