What do you consider to be the start of the Saints' season? (1 Viewer)

What annual event marks the beginning of the Saints new football season for you?

• A clueless national writer speculates that Sean Payton might leave to coach the Cowboys

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A clueless national writer speculates that Drew Brees's arm strength is gone

• An undrafted white wide receiver looks really fast in minicamp and gets everyone way too excited

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A video leaks of Kamara's offseason workout routine of ice skating with an elephant on his shoulders

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Another team cuts a washed up former star, and 5 threads pop up here asking about signing him

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Tommylee Lewis returns a kick for a touchdown in a preseason game

• Loomis adds some voidable dummy years to the end of Brees's contract

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
I went with the third from last option since it seems somewhat chronological and the next option involves a pre-season game.

FWIW, Tommylee Lewis was released and signed with the Lions as their kick returner. :ROFLMAO:

Does not matter. Tommylee is the star of the Saints preseason. Always has been; always will be. That he plays for another team will not change that.
I'm just amazed that they were wowed with his kick return skills enough to sign him with that as his position designation. Every time he'd be the punt returner, I'd hold my breath while the ball was in the air. I almost wanted him to just fair catch any and everything that was kicked to him.

We go to VA beach every year the last 2 weeks of July. I start getting excited for the season right after that. Some of it is because to me that's our last hoorah of summer so summer is over and some of it is I start seeing more and more training camp news and stuff starts to just feel closer.

Went option 3. When people start talking about camp beasts is when football is starting again for the public.

The week after the SB when the talking heads start looking ahead. Of course it was a bit disconcerting when they started talking 2020 draft before 2019 even started. But I picked #1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom