What do you do if you hit a dog with your car? (1 Viewer)

Dude.
When I was a wee lad of 20, I was driving down a residential street, around 8 pm, and some people were outside playing with their dog. Well, the dog chased a ball or something that they threw into the street, and before I knew it, I'd hit the poor thing. It was a little dog and what a horrifying scene. The two little kids screamed, the oldest child dropped to his knees in agony, and the mom grasped her chest. I started to panic. I wanted to hit the gas, but my conscience whipped my *** on the spot, so I put it in park and got out. The dog was trapped under my car, but not under a tire. Also, I was doing about 20 when I hit it because I was looking for my date's house.
Anyway, I helped them get the poor thing from under the car - it was yelping and whimpering, and I was horrified. What if it dies, I thought.
Well, once we got him from under the car, he took off like a rocket, as if nothing ever happened. I offered to follow them to a late night emergency vet, and they declined, saying that he seemed perfectly fine. I offered them a couple hundred, which was all the money I had between my pocket and value savings account :hihi:, just in case he needed medical care, and they declined. The mom just thanked me for not being a jerk and driving off and she said it was probably her kids' fault for pitching the toy into the street as a car was passing. Whew!
My date, who eventually became my wife, lived 2 blocks down and when I went to pick her up each time, I'd check to see if he was ok or if they were outside playing with him, and sure enough, the little dude was still alive and kicking for quite some time after the accident.

Did you play the traumatized sympathy card on your date that night to get laid?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom