What do you guys think about bringing in Randy Moss (UFA)? (1 Viewer)

Our WR's are also good blockers, Henderson takes a lot of heat for dropping a few passes but he is a beast at blocking. If you're going to play WR on the Saints, you better like getting your hands dirty in the running game. Would Moss do that? would he be willing to do that an awful lot when SP makes it a bullet point to run the football this year? Probably not, he's beyond his prime imo.

NO!

Had to make it extra clear since this has been brought up like 48 times. Dude is nowhere near what he use to be, takes plays off all the time. Sorry but i'd rather not see a turnover because he decides it's lazy route day and it turns into a pick.

I don't understand this "Saints NEED a receiver" argument. Colston, Moore, Morgan, Toon, Tanner, Henderson, Graham, and our deep backfield.

Exactly. The only thing the Saints lack is a proven burner, but Morgan could easily fill that role.

Hell I wantd us to sign him last offseason. He's a lil slower gettin outta his breaks now but the guy can still burn. And those who say he's done prolly don't pay much attention to him. He's still got game n I think he'd b an asset to us. I'm not concerned about his "attitude" cause' we wouldn't b committing much into him anyway

I don't understand the appeal and draw that people have towards athletes like this. Cocky arrogance. I say we put them all on the same team and watch them implode. Just like the Eagles' "dream team"

Hell I wantd us to sign him last offseason. He's a lil slower gettin outta his breaks now but the guy can still burn. And those who say he's done prolly don't pay much attention to him. He's still got game n I think he'd b an asset to us. I'm not concerned about his "attitude" cause' we wouldn't b committing much into him anyway

And to that I would say that those that say he's not done "prolly" don't pay much attention to him. It's clear as day on film, Moss is a subpar and mediocre WR.

The Saints need another burner to compliment Morgan if Henderson doesn't return. Our offense relies on having two deep threats.

28 reception each of his last 2 seasons played with a vet minimum that would be over $1mil who just turned 36. You need to pay more attention apparently. There are 39 better FA options out there of which over half of those will cost less money.

I'd work him out if I was the Saints, and if he performs well then sign him. He's wasn't nearly as productive this past season as he has been so it wouldn't cost us too much. A low risk, high reward proposition because if he comes out motivated, he gives us an extra element to help put our already potent offense.

I believe Moss wants to finish his last few years with a lot of great stats.
I believe Moss wants to go to a team who's going to chuck it a ton.
I believe Moss wants to play with a great quarterback.
I believe the Saints NEED another receiver across from Colston.
I believe we should bring him in. It couldn't hurt.

...I believe Terrell Owens is available, I'm sure he wants the same thing :scratch::h6:

I'd work him out if I was the Saints, and if he performs well then sign him. He's wasn't nearly as productive this past season as he has been so it wouldn't cost us too much. A low risk, high reward proposition because if he comes out motivated, he gives us an extra element to help put our already potent offense.

His vet minimum would run somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5mil. How is that not costing much? And his last truly productive season was 2009. He's a 36 year old primaDonna with rapidly declining skills so by no means is he a low risk high reward.

Bringing in Randy Moss and his salary would mean one less defensive player that could be brought in through free agency. The odds of him becoming a headache and distraction far outweigh any potential reward he could provide.

$1.5 mil for a guy who would at the absolute best be Brees' 6th option in the passing on top of everything elseis a high risk low reward move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom