Question what do you guys think about Mac Jones? (1 Viewer)

Burrow threw 51 tds to his top 3 wrs in 2019.

More than Jones or Tua.
I never said Jones wasn't a good QB, he may be a great NFL QB we won't know until he is in the NFL. All I said is I would be skeptical of Bama QB's because of those reason. I did not say anything to put Jones's abilities down just that they may not be as good as he looked at Bama because of all the talent around him.

I never said Jones wasn't a good QB, he may be a great NFL QB we won't know until he is in the NFL. All I said is I would be skeptical of Bama QB's because of those reason. I did not say anything to put Jones's abilities down just that they may not be as good as he looked at Bama because of all the talent around him.

I get it.

But you can have Jerry Rice on your team but he won't do much good unless a qb can read a defense and get the ball out quickly while putting it exactly where it needs to go at every level.

If you can't throw with touch you can't throw a screen or fade effectively.

If you can't throw with timing on an out route and lead your wr the ball might leave your hand late and get picked off.

Accuracy matters.

In a timing system like Payton's more than most others at that.

Good pocket presence, quick release, and the ability to quickly find your progressions make players like Brady and Marino exceptions.
And both Mannings, and Rivers, and Kurt Warner, and plenty of others. It's not the exception, it's more the rule. It's only in the last 5 years or so that the Mahomes, Josh the Bills QB, Lamar, Russel Wilson, and their ilk have become more popular. Brees has never been able to run either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom