Question what do you guys think about Mac Jones? (1 Viewer)

I like him, and won't be upset if we took him. However, I don't think he will be there at 28. I also think we will address it in FA. Mickey's going to figure something out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go RB or CB in rd1 and LB in rd2.

I think that Lance can fall. He has a tiny sample size and without a 2020 season or combine it hurts him. The Saints could definitely be in striking distance. I’d take Jones over Trask pretty easily.

I'd be okay taking him, but we'd probably have to move up at least to the teens to get him.

I would say no because I don’t think Alabama QBs are ever that successful in the league (Hurts* and Tua might prove time wrong on that), but then I am fairly high on Kyle Trask and you can say the same thing about Florida QBs so what do I know really?

At the end of the day whatever QB starts for the Saints next season I’ll support. I do think with all the reported options out there I’m leaning toward brining one of them in over drafting, unless we somehow get Rodgers funnily enough. If we roll with Winston and Hill, or Brees returns then I hope we take someone fairly high.

* - Star is just because he played at two different schools.
Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler disagree.

Not a fan. I’d prefer to roll with someone with big-time arm talent who SP can mold. Jameis, Stafford, Lance, etc. I’m tired of seeing an offense that can’t effortlessly stretch the field against NFL defenses.

I’ll trust SP, though.

They did it for Davenport, why not for the next Brees?
Davenport was a freak athlete going into that draft. Even though he has not developed as fast as many would like, I believe the Saints saw such a high physical ceiling they thought trading picks to move up was worth it.

Jones is a really good college QB and may be a good pro QB, but if Loomis and Payton require plus physical skills to consider moving up, I don’t think they would move up for Jones.

I think he's more of a Round 2 or Round 3 prospect who put up ridiculous stats with by far the best supporting cast in college football. I really hope we don't spend #28 on him if he's available, we need to replenish talent as we'll probably lose Hendrickson and maybe Marcus Williams too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom