Question what do you guys think about Mac Jones? (1 Viewer)

THIS... Zach Mettenberger had a huge arm but where is he now 🤔
I knew Brees was special after I witnessed his slaughter of the saints in 05' at San Diego.

Every pass he completed was perfectly covered but the passes were so perfectly accurate and right on the money that they just kept resulting in completions.

We ended up losing something like 45-10.

Two of the videos I posted above today with Jones were intermediate-deep passes just like that.

Funny how actual Saints fans still undervalue accuracy in a QB after 14 years of Brees.

Sad.

I would love Mac Jones with Payton and the Saints.

Doubt he drops out of top 15 come draft day.

I knew Brees was special after I witnessed his slaughter of the saints in 05' at San Diego.

Every pass he completed was perfectly covered but the passes were so perfectly accurate and right on the money that they just kept resulting in completions.

Two of the videos I posted above today with Jones were intermediate-deep passes just like that.

Funny how actual Saints fans still undervalue accuracy in a QB after 14 years of Brees.

Sad.

We appreciate it.

We’ve also seen how vital it is to have a QB who stretches the field vertically, horizontally, or both.

We’ve also seen QBs like Josh Allen prove that, with proper coaching, someone with a strong arm *can* improve accuracy. And their ability to extend plays and throw deep also create bigger holes to throw through.

All four QBs who played on championship weekend had the ability to beat you deep, which opened up the underneath stuff. Three of the four could also beat you with their legs if you lost sight of them.

The game has changed, and I think SP knows it. It’s why he’s said the Saints next QB won’t be like Drew. I think he’s ready to find someone who can stress a defense beyond a 15 yard box.

Sad.

I do not undervalue accuracy, but on the whole, average arm prospects are not as greatly valued and not typically as successful at securing starting jobs in the NFL.

Scouts will always be looking for the next Justin Herbert or Josh Allen and believe they can coach up accuracy- as opposed to looking for guys with accuracy that might not have enough arm talent to be a franchise qb.

Guys like Brees are the exception that proves the rule and I would think it is much harder to know who is real and who is fools gold in that group.

I think that Zack Wilson is the better choice for the SAINTS.

Both have the same size statistics.
Differences are Stronger arm - Zack Wilson
Accuracy - Push
Mobility - Zack Wilson
Can do more with less - Zack Wilson
Football IQ - Zack Wilson
Competitive spirit - Zack Wilson

IMHO

Accuracy - Push
Mobility - Zack Wilson

IMHO
Wilson won't make it past the first 5 picks

Accuracy - Push
Mobility - Zack Wilson

IMHO

Agree, except he may not be around after the second pick. Much less at 28, haha.

I like him a lot. Not more than Trey Lance or Wilson. But I think he might be available when we select. Maybe even into the 2nd round.

I just don’t understand how people can think Tua was worthy of a top-5 pick and then say Mac Jones, WHO WAS BETTER, is not.

1611783820130.png
Local restaurants are chomping at the bit.
The decision to take this shirtless photo will cost Mac money, as his draft status will drop at least a bit. I don't think that an NFL coach can look at this and feel comfortable counting on Mac Jones to be a viable starter in Week 1 at the NFL level with no offseason conditioning programs this season. If he's available at pick 28, this photo will be a contributing reason.

I’d rather just roll with Jameis. But if Loomis and Payton don’t feel that way Jones would be a good pick at 28.

I think he's more of a Round 2 or Round 3 prospect who put up ridiculous stats with by far the best supporting cast in college football. I really hope we don't spend #28 on him if he's available, we need to replenish talent as we'll probably lose Hendrickson and maybe Marcus Williams too.
Jones had Joe Burrowish numbers, and Joe also had tremendous talent surrounding him.

The decision to take this shirtless photo will cost Mac money, as his draft status will drop at least a bit. I don't think that an NFL coach can look at this and feel comfortable counting on Mac Jones to be a viable starter in Week 1 at the NFL level with no offseason conditioning programs this season. If he's available at pick 28, this photo will be a contributing reason.

Pretty sure the Saints asked him to take it - now we have a chance to draft him😀

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom