What do you guys think about...(Multi-merge of McCown trade ideas) (1 Viewer)

eastlos82

Veteran
Reaction score
If the saints front office called up the Viking and tried to shop Luke McGown to them. I know I might get flamed for this but from what i'm reading is that they have no faith in their QB's and even though Luke is a strong vet QB back a few of us here also don't think he will take the reigns any time soon. The way I see it is we can definitely get a draft pick for him but what round who knows. Any thoughts on this?

not as long as Sanchez is available. Luke may be better for the Cowboys as a backup.

At best we could get a 7th for him and even that's iffy. We might could get one of the guards they plan on cutting for him.

At best we could get a 7th for him and even that's iffy. We might could get one of the guards they plan on cutting for him.
Agreed. Im not sure there's much interest in McCown if any

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

McCown has no trade value. I'm not sure why anyone thinks he does.

I think their best option would be to try and get Glennon from TB. I think he'd be a starter on a number of teams if he was a FA.

He's the best backup plan we have if Brees does down, so no. I doubt they would want him anyway, and I don't think he would be a better option than Shaun Hill for them.

And I don't think they'd even give up a tater tot hotdish to get him

Luke McGown

0ef429d826f73d55b0a89a65ec445518.jpg
Mike-Tyson-ClappingLaughLOL.gif

As others have pointed out, Luke isn't worth a draft pick or player of note.

Furthmore, we need him. Grayson is not ready to be our #2.

no if anything happens to drew we will need a backup plan.

McCown has far more value to the Saints than what we could get in a trade. He has years of experience in the offense and actually decent at running it. Definitely don't see us trading him.

Vikings are stacked on the OL

And I think McCown is the best backup in the league. He is too old to keep around as the successor, so trade him for a good OL and a draft pick. Go all in with Brees this year and get him an OL.

Not an original idea. And I'm not sure even McCown's game vs the Panthers is enough to warrant trade value. I mean, I would hope. But I'm sure they'd rather just flip an offer at someone already on the market and just run the rock a ton of times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom