What do you guys think of Auburn's Kodi Burns (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Let me tell you guys, If you saw Kodi Burns in some of our games last season and think you have a good idea of what he is. Think again. He is good, very good. I was reading the Mobile Press Register this morning and they reported he was having the best scrimmage of any Auburn player in a long time. People think he is a good runner well he is a good passer too. I see a lot of good things ahead for this guy. All the reports out of Auburn is that he is the odds on favorite to win the starting QB job this summer and for this upcoming season.

But I wrote this post for a reason and its to ask your opinion of this guy. Can he do a better job then his predecessors Cox and Campbell? He won that game for us in Atlanta with the final TD run in OT. that game will be a classic of mine for forever. But what he did do in that game is that he can be a good QB and can throw down the field to receivers and make good decisions with the ball. Some Auburn fans say he is the reason why we won our bowl game period. what ever it is Auburn has a bright future and a good QB to lead them there. I feel excited about the upcoming season even though its 6 months away

But what he did do in that game is that he can be a good QB and can throw down the field to receivers and make good decisions with the ball.

You do realize he was 1 for 4 with 22 yards passing. He did get a TD on his single completion. Not sure how that equates to throwing down field efficiently.

Excuse the PUI, but I'll ad my thoughts to the topic now that A-day is over. Burns is going to be a force in the near future. It was readably apparent the amount of progress Burns has made in the passing game. Auburn will most likely play a two QB system consisting of Kodi Burns and Chris Todd. The offense is going to be incredible compared to the last 2 years. Makes me wish we would have switched earlier. We only had one starting RB playing today, so the scrimmage was mostly a passing clinic. Kodi's ability to run the ball upfield will definitely set him apart from the rest of our QBs. LB Josh Bynes will most likely start along with Blackmon and Evans. Man I'm pumped, got to figure out how to hibernate till August.

I agree, Max. Cox even though he won 26 games as our QB, was extremely slow and was way too timid in the pocket when a big play was needed. Burns when I saw him in the Chick Fila Bowl win the game for us, I knew right then that he was special. He is agile, brings more to the table then Cox ever did, and he can throw the ball decently. I really am pumped about what our team will do this upcoming season, big time games but I feel comfortable about our players to win them.

the new Spread offense Franklin is putting up liberates the offense and helps us score more points, and makes our defense more effective.

thanks for the update BTW Max. Did you go to the game today?

Yeah, I caught the first half and then went home to fire up the grill. After our baseball team blew the game against Tennessee, I watched the second half on CSS.

Well, he plays for Auburn so I think he is a feminine hygiene product. Next question.

Well, he plays for Auburn so I think he is a feminine hygiene product. Next question.

That feminine hygiene product is going to make you very uncomfortable next year so start getting used to it.:0093:

Auburn's offense this year will be drastically better. At this point, I think teams will have problems stacking the LOS as most have done the past few years (decades?).

Kodi looks to be progressing very well.

I don't know about you Shane, but I'm feeling better and better about our chances in the west next year.

Really nice writeup on Rivals about Burns. Led the first team offense to 21 points in a scrimmage on 12 of 15 passing

I don't know about you Shane, but I'm feeling better and better about our chances in the west next year.

Our defense had me feeling that way from the start (selfishly wish that Pat hadn't gone pro and that Trahan came back),but now I'm looking a little beyond the competing for the west title. I know it is still going to be a war, but right now in my estimation Auburn is the team to beat in the west.

Really nice writeup on Rivals about Burns. Led the first team offense to 21 points in a scrimmage on 12 of 15 passing

For me the biggest stat was the 213 yards passing on the 12 passes by Kodi. It has been a long time since any team has worried about Auburn really stretching the field like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom