What do You Guys think? (1 Viewer)

It's depressing to be a Penn State fan right now. :(

Paterno should hurry up and retire.

Not sure why it's depressing? Joe's still an effective coach. He was a lucky last-second Chad Henne TD pass away from a national title run in 05. Three straight bowl wins and top 25 rankings. The only depression I get is that we can never seem to beat Michigan. That frickin Henne always seemed to have our number.

Not sure why it's depressing? Joe's still an effective coach. He was a lucky last-second Chad Henne TD pass away from a national title run in 05. Three straight bowl wins and top 25 rankings. The only depression I get is that we can never seem to beat Michigan. That frickin Henne always seemed to have our number.

Eh, they're bowl wins I don't particularly care about, aside from the Orange Bowl. I'm just picky, I guess.

It's also because of this class of recruits.. I'm not impressed.

Eh, they're bowl wins I don't particularly care about, aside from the Orange Bowl. I'm just picky, I guess.

It's also because of this class of recruits.. I'm not impressed.

In all honesty, they always seem to lost one or two games a year that I think they should have one.

I'll stop now lest I get this post moved to the college forum. :ezbill:

I realize you're new, so I'll cut you some slack, but your thread title says "What do you guys think?" Why wouldn't I read it?

If it had said "Ultra-homeristic LSU draft thread who concentrates only on drafting players because of where they went to school despite poor combine performances", (which would have been a more appropriate title), I probably would have just moved on to the next thread without bothering to read it. :covri:

You do realize that you can preview the thread content by hovering your mouse over the thread title don't you?

Take it to the bank-steltz and jackson will end up starting in the NFL. Zenon will be a backup or nickel back. Not just my opinion but the same for several NFL people.

The lack of maturity and flat out rudness is pretty epic in this thread and pretty much shows how the community at SR has gotten worse throughout the years.

The OP was just asking what you think about these LSU players. I didn't see him say to draft all of them or anything like that. I also didn't even see him say they would make great players because they went to LSU. But somehow asking what you think is just a recipe for disaster?

Have fun with the unfounded sarcasm and aggression. I'm outta this thread.

The lack of maturity and flat out rudness is pretty epic in this thread and pretty much shows how the community at SR has gotten worse throughout the years.

The OP was just asking what you think about these LSU players. I didn't see him say to draft all of them or anything like that. I also didn't even see him say they would make great players because they went to LSU. But somehow asking what you think is just a recipe for disaster?

Have fun with the unfounded sarcasm and aggression. I'm outta this thread.

I have to say I agree here....there seems to be alot of that going around and it's definitely brought the level of discourse down on this board.

If you don't have anything of substance to add, then why reply? If you feel the post is out of line, use the report a post button. Also, the rating feature is there for you to use as well. It stands to reason that if you don't like a thread, then replying to it only keeps it at the top of the board! It used to be that threads with no merit would sink to the bottom faster than the titanic but now folks seem to want to just be mean, which turns some threads into a bashing session.

Seek a higher level.:beerchug:

As far as the original post, I think those players were good as a unit, but it has yet to be seen whether they can function in an environment where they aren't so much better than the competition. I mean, LSU's defense, as good as it was would be mush against a good NFL offense.

As an LSU homer, I hope they all do well....but I think that Jackson and Dorsey will be the only two that make any waves at the next level.

With the LBs the Saints have now, getting Ali with a 4th/5th could pay benefits--tho I'd prefer Hester.

Could a position change be in the cards for Steltz?

A hybrid LB/S, wasn't called a MonsterBack before? Or if Steltz beefed it up a bit--switched to LB? He seems to like to hit and has a knack for being around the ball, ala Sammy Knight.

Chevis has most of the ink for a chance to be a starter in the NFL, but Zenon in the right spot could be the next Randall Gay.

The only thing is - the LSU homerism just goes on ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

This is a Saints board. If the OP meant just wanted to discuss those players as players, and their potential in the draft, it should be done on the college forum, since they are not yet NFL players. Since it was posted in the Saints forum, one can only make the conclusion that it was posted in reference to the Saints.

I think it would be appropriate for this to be moved to the college forum.

This is a Saints board. If the OP meant just wanted to discuss those players as players, and their potential in the draft, it should be done on the college forum, since they are not yet NFL players. Since it was posted in the Saints forum, one can only make the conclusion that it was posted in reference to the Saints.

Just want to get some clarification...

Except when the Saints are actively pursing a free agent, it seems about 80% of the posts here this time of year are about discussing college players about to enter the NFL and their potential as pro players, for the Saints or the NFL in general. Are you suggesting that all those posts be moved to the college board?

I had thought that anything related to the NFL, not just the Saints, was fair game on the SSF. Am I wrong?

Just want to get some clarification...

Except when the Saints are actively pursing a free agent, it seems about 80% of the posts here this time of year are about discussing college players about to enter the NFL and their potential as pro players, for the Saints or the NFL in general. Are you suggesting that all those posts be moved to the college board?

I had thought that anything related to the NFL, not just the Saints, was fair game on the SSF. Am I wrong?

I didn't see "N/S" in the thread title.

But I'm not trying to argue...I'm really not. I'll just drop it. :1zhelp:

Honestly, I'm not trying to argue, either. That's why I prefaced my post the way I did. I'm just trying to understand the protocol, or at least what you think the protocol should be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom