What do You Guys think? (1 Viewer)

Percussionboi

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
What do you all think of Craig Steltz, Jonathon Zenon, Chevis Jackson, and Ali Highsmith

I think this will be an epic thread!

I don't think we will see any of them in a Saint's uniform next year, the aren't the best fits for our defense.

Don't think much of them in NFL terms. Jackson should end up being a nice CB, but the rest are career backups. Not even positive Zenon will make an NFL team.

I would take one of the corners in the 4th round. And Ali HIghsmith in the fourth, which is where he might land after that 40 time at the combine.

What do you all think of Craig Steltz, Jonathon Zenon, Chevis Jackson, and Ali Highsmith

Jackson is the best of them, he's probably a third round pick. Highsmith was killed by his terrible 40-yard dash time of 4.96, which is slower than some offensive linemen. He's probably a 4th or 5th round pick. Steltz is in that range as well - great instincts, iffy speed. Zenon is slightly below him, probably a 6th round pick. Just my opinions..

I don't think Steltz will amount to much in the NFL. If he's luck, he might wind up on a practice squad..so, I'm saying UDFA at best!

I see a team taking a chance on Zenon, but don't think he'll amount to much either

Jackson, I can see being drafted and has the capabilities to make a nice #2 or nickel back on a team within two years, but don't think he'll be drafted any higher than the fourth round

Highsmith is a big question mark. He looked great at LSU and even though his combine time was horrible, I think he will make a roster and become a ST demon and might work his way into the rotation as a backup for the LB spot. I have to be honest in that I hope he goes undrafted and the Saints give him a shot. His combine really killed him, but I do think he has what it takes to make an NFL roster.

I think these guys individually were good, but not exactly NFL caliber. What made these guys so great is that they played in a well coached defense and leveraged one another to become a great D. I just don't see them standing out as a great player and will need serious talent around them to excel at the next level.

I think if I have to read one more thread or post like this, I'm going to

:bartmat: :a_hit: :bluescreen:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom