What do You Guys think? (1 Viewer)

well dont read em:dunno:

I realize you're new, so I'll cut you some slack, but your thread title says "What do you guys think?" Why wouldn't I read it?

If it had said "Ultra-homeristic LSU draft thread who concentrates only on drafting players because of where they went to school despite poor combine performances", (which would have been a more appropriate title), I probably would have just moved on to the next thread without bothering to read it. :covri:

Aside from what I think about them as LSU players, I would normally prefer to wait until after LSU's pro day to comment about how they might do in the NFL. I like Highsmith, and for whatever reason he ran a slow 40 at the combine, and for a small LB, that is not good. I do think he is much faster, but we will see. if he winds up in the mid 4s, he would be a good second and solid third. Steltz, I am not high on whatsoever. I see him as a special teamer. Jackson could be good value in the third round, possibly a second. Zenon, I just don't know. I like Chad Moores assesment and agree with him most thus far.

what makes steltz iffy speed? in the same round as the guy that ran 4.96? he ran a 4.52 40, which is alot faster than 4.96? please, i would like to know, i know its different positions but running in the 4.5's is decent and running in a straight line without pads doesn't exactly translate well into how fast you will be on the field, its not like hes running in the 4.7's , i would call that iffy speed

what makes steltz iffy speed? in the same round as the guy that ran 4.96? he ran a 4.52 40, which is alot faster than 4.96? please, i would like to know, i know its different positions but running in the 4.5's is decent and running in a straight line without pads doesn't exactly translate well into how fast you will be on the field, its not like hes running in the 4.7's , i would call that iffy speed

More referring to how he plays, not how he tested. He doesn't have a lot of range.

I realize you're new, so I'll cut you some slack, but your thread title says "What do you guys think?" Why wouldn't I read it?

If it had said "Ultra-homeristic LSU draft thread who concentrates only on drafting players because of where they went to school despite poor combine performances", (which would have been a more appropriate title), I probably would have just moved on to the next thread without bothering to read it. :covri:

yea uh huh whateva..............

Why as I Saints fan who doesn't live in LA or care about any college football team in LA have to waste my time with a useless thread such as this? Change the title.......very deceiving, somebody should moderate the homers!

I just dont like to judge plyers off combines because it dont give you the true definition of the player. When its game time and the pads is on I think Highsmith and Steltz are serious playmakers. We should'nt over look these guys. And do anyone know what kind of speed does John Lynch has? Jus wondering.

When its game time and the pads is on I think Highsmith and Steltz are serious playmakers.

They were - on a stacked college team. Neither of them project great to the NFL.

Highsmith is an undersized OLB. Linebackers as small as him need to be fast to make it in the NFL. A 4.96 40 yard dash isn't just slow, it's horrendous.

Steltz could be good if his responsibilities are limited. He needs to be kept out of man coverage. He's not the type of quick/fluid athlete that makes an ideal NFL safety.

Highsmith would be a great pickup at OLB in 4th round or later. He plays much faster than his 40 time and will run faster than that on his pro day. Apologies for the homerisms.

But to say the SEC is all about speed you really never saw them gettin behind on coverage. Especially on spread offenses like florida and kentucky.

Highsmith would be a great pickup at OLB in 4th round or later. He plays much faster than his 40 time and will run faster than that on his pro day. Apologies for the homerisms.

I think all of them play faster. I just cant get into this combine hype!

By me being a ex football player I know 40's and combines dont tell the half of a good football player

Actually we should draft Dan Connor, Justin King, and Anthony Morelli.

Championship

/sarcasm

I think Jackson and Highsmith (despite his slow 40 time) have a real chance of being quality starters in the NFL. I expect Jackson will start out as a nickel back, but I think he's got the tools to become a good starter after a season or two of learning. I may be wearing my LSU glasses too tightly, but I really think Highsmith will be a pleasant surprise to whoever takes him.

ON the other hand, I will be surprised if Steltz and Zenon can make it in the NFL; pleasantly surprised, of course, but surprised nonetheless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom