Saints What do you look forward to seeing in tonights game vs The Chargers? (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how Marquez Callaway is utilized. I wouldnt be surprised to see him return punts or get a catch or two. Was impressed with his college highlights. Well see if the Saints again hit on another UDFA gem.

Herbert will launch the deep ball multiple times tonight... bank on it. The Saints will almost certainly let one or two of them go for huge gains or huge penalties, but they can’t go for long, quick strike, TDs. Have to force the Chargers to try to put together long drives with their rookie QB... that increases the chances that he’ll make a mistake.

Saints have to pound the ball. Wear down their defense and get the play-action working... that will keep the Chargers defense off balance.

Don’t turn the ball over, and take the ball away.

When I believed that CGM was playing, I had the Saints winning this game in a rout...
Now, with CGM being held out for conduct detrimental to the team, I’m a little less confident.

Saints - 27
Chargers - 20

I’d like to see Taysom Hill get more involved as a pass-catching option... run him on some underneath crossing patterns after the WRs clear it out... run that quick hit WR screen, where Brees takes the snap and immediately whips it out wide to Taysom and he just goes.. If they have Taysom take any snaps at QB, don’t include the read-option that everyone knows is coming! Have Taysom take a shotgun snap in an empty backfield, and make 1 (2 max) quick reads and if it’s not there, take off... that makes it 11/11 football, and if Taysom can beat the guy marking him, it’s a big gain.

Taysom Hill catching the ball.

TQS with another sold game to show consistency.

More balanced football with Murray getting enough carries.

Defense causing turnovers with a rookie QB.

Solid penalty free football from the O-line because I believe this offense is fine if we can do that.

pressure from the front seven on D.

if these two things improve we can make a good run through the middle part of our schedule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom