What do you think about... (1 Viewer)

No. No. No.

When JaMarcus goes to the NFL I will pull for him as I do any other LSU player, but I really don't want him on the Saints at this point in time. He is not Aaron Brooks, although he is wearing #2, because he is a leader, but he still makes mistakes that I can't even begin to comprehend.

slow and plodding? Seems pretty mobile to me last night. Rockets the ball in? Has touch as apparent on several passes he completed. Can't have it both ways. Several people has said that the receivers are average at best but Russell has a very high completion % for big yards. If he was a QB at USC or Texas or someother SEC school he would be better liked. The LSU haters just amaze me.

slow and plodding? Seems pretty mobile to me last night. Rockets the ball in? Has touch as apparent on several passes he completed. Can't have it both ways. Several people has said that the receivers are average at best but Russell has a very high completion % for big yards. If he was a QB at USC or Texas or someother SEC school he would be better liked. The LSU haters just amaze me.

Actually I think most of the people criticizing Jamarcus are LSU fans. Nice try though

I doubt that. Most of them are not LSU fans. It is hard to understand how LSU can have so many crappy players but be so good.

Yeah I agree and I'm not really a college football fan. I didnt' like Mauck or Rohan Davey as an NFL QB so those who use that excuse are phishing. I also dislike the comparison to Aaron Brooks because they are totally different QBs. I think a comparison to Daunte Culpepper is much better... take that as good or bad.

That is just because most LSU fans don't realize how horrible Matt Flynn is! Seriously, he throws the slowest out passes; I cringe every time. He is a walking INT-TD machine.

Russell is a good QB, he is a better passer than Vince Young but nowhere near the runner that young is. Should be interestng to hear the scouts in the offseason. I can't think of many college QBs in the draft better than JR. Quinn, Smith, then...

So I think JR can go late 1st, early to mid 2nd.

The difference between the Texans and Bush and Us with Russel is that there really wouldn't be a way for Russel to get on the field with Bush here. The only time you skip the best player available when drafting the best player available, is when he's a QB and you're deep at QB. You can always find a way for another RB to get on the field in the return game, but there's really no use for another QB.

if you go QB go Bradey Quinn. But no QB please. we have more important needs.

Which teams need a QB? I can think of a few. Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota?, Buffalo,maybe Cleveland. There might be others but I think these are the main ones. Quinn will be the firts QB off the board. I hope he doesnt land in Oakland either.

QB is one position that you cannot afford to draft in the first round, unless you have a need for a starter. So is the OP wanting to replace Brees? I'm confused by this thread.

IMO, if the Saints draft a QB next year, it will be in the later rounds to take on a young prospect, not in rounds 1 or 2, where you will have to pay too much in bonus money for someone you don't expect to see the field.

QB is one position that you cannot afford to draft in the first round, unless you have a need for a starter. So is the OP wanting to replace Brees? I'm confused by this thread.

IMO, if the Saints draft a QB next year, it will be in the later rounds to take on a young prospect, not in rounds 1 or 2, where you will have to pay too much in bonus money for someone you don't expect to see the field.

Well I think you start looking in the 3rd and 4th rounds. QB picks have a tendency to "appreciate" in value, ala Matt Schaub being worth a 2nd rounder, possibly a 1st rounder. So spending a 3rd or 4th round pick to gain a high quality backup QB (which is rare) that you can trade away in a few years to get your pick value back, isn't a bad deal.

Green Bay did this behind Brett Farve for years and it was very succesful for them.

Absolutely. First pick. Trade all the way up to #1 if you have to. Then let's pick up Justin Vincent in the 2nd.

Quinn has bust written all over him. If you're going QB go Troy Smith. But again, with Brees this conversation is moot.
Do elaborate on Quinn if you will. Bust how? What has he shown that will make him be a bust in you eyes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom