What do you think cost us the game? (2 Viewers)

What was the primary reason we lost?

• The Refs

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • The Defense

Votes: 81 65.9%

• Total voters
I have made a gif from that play showing it from a different angle.

Unfortunately is it blurry.... so hard to see where the contact took place but the flag was thrown from the ref that was not in a good position to judge it and not from the one that had the perfect angle.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/7ucFG"><a href="//imgur.com/7ucFG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The refs? You mean those guys that helped us walk down the field and score a couple of times. They called way more penalties against the Raiders.

We wasted two time outs when one would have won us the game.

My vote could also be the 70 yard run we gave up to Jalen Richard

My vote could also be the 70 yard run we gave up to Jalen Richard and a failure to call a clear and blatant holding at the point of attack that sprung Jalen loose on that play.

fify

Let's face it folks,... officiating has been horrible across the league. Both the number of missed calls and the number of ticky-tack calls have increased exponentially over the last few years. Even when watching a game where I don't have a dog in the fight, the goal of the NFL officiating crews seem to be to do whatever it takes to keep the game close, and not to let the game play out on it's own.

It was both fam.

I'm right there with you on pretty much everything you said on the flags. The phantom 4th down PI call did essentially cost us the game, but that doesn't excuse the 22 points we gave up in the fourth quarter, or the mismanaged timeouts that ended up being so critical.

Refs ****ed us over. But had we done what we were supposed to do they would have never had a chance to. The Raiders dominated the fourth quarter and that's why we lost.

Does it suck that when it mattered most our defense came up with a stop, only to have a BS flag thrown? Hell yes. But that's life. Now it's time to move on and try again this Sunday against the Giants.

How about SP abandoning the run game in the 2nd quarter?
How about the sack/fumble on the 1st drive?

I think allowing the Raiders to score 35 points definitely was the root cause of the loss.

I will agree that both calls were bad, but I will disagree on the first one that the defender didn't grab his jersey. He did grab it (even though it didn't affect the receiver because it was so minor) and the official was looking right at him when it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both yup, I believe that games aren't rigged, but I think the league likes the calls that continue the game. . .causes a suspense that bring in more fans. I usually just laugh at it all now, it used to make me throw tantrums and want to go to bed right after the game. Now it is just part of it, it happens to every team week in week out. That is why we should just keep improving the Offense to the point where we score 40+ week, because I doubt we ever have a defense that is going shut teams down, the refs would never let it happen.

Losing DB should be option 3 and Poor time out management should be option 4. It would have been a tough pick but I would have gone with 3. Given the two choices I had I went with the refs. I don't like blaming the refs but on a bad call on 4th down when the game would have basically ended, it's hard not to. Bad time out/clock management has been a problem for a long time now.

Watch the game again the D wasn't playing good all game. The only reason the raiders weren't up more was because they kept getting penalties that negated gains. If you think breaux's injury was the only reason the team lost your crazy. The D got no penetration all game and couldn't stop the run.

The pass rush is the reason the game was close. Close is the reason the refs could rob us.

1. Defense

2. Poor clock management

5. Bad calls

When you have such a bad defense (or good opponent), you must run the clock out on them. Ingram was getting holes, and carried for almost 5 YPC. He could have ran a lot of clock and helped the defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom