What Do You Think Of Our Defense Now? (1 Viewer)

does school count?

LOL!

I just noticed your age.

I was young once, but a statement like:

"I think that we have to have at least one of the top 32 defenses in the league with the moves we have made this offseason."

will get you no respect around here.

Read and learn, then post. Or ignore me, whatever.

ddd

I think that we have to have at least one of the top 32 defenses in the league with the moves we have made this offseason.

Also, since New England had to forfeit all their numerical rankings as part of the Spy Gate fall out, we will be in at least the top 31. :hihi:

As for the real thread here - I got excited about the moves we made last year so I am feeling a bit gun shy about getting excited about the moves we make this year.

So far we have a guy with a (currently) bum wheel, a guy with an eggshell head, a backup lineman and a nickel back. This is the pessimistic view.

The optimistic view is we have two linebackers who may return to Pro Bowl form, increased depth and competition on our line and a possible starting quality corner back.

I like that we're making moves - if nothing else it gives me something to do while I pretend to work.

If they add another couple of CB's at least one of them starters, and find away to get Jason David off the roster completely and pick up a DT to play two gaps so Vilma can make a couple hundred tackles this season. And I have a wish for a Safety to replace Josh Bullocks.
If we can get 2 defensive starters from the draft and pick up another via Free Agency in June.
Ideally I would like another top notch corner to play accross from McKenzie and have Randall Gay play nickle back like he did in New England. If we don't then we will likely have to deal with Jason David and Randall Gay as our starting CB's on opening day. Even a Rookie like McKelvin of DRC will get tried early and often should they get in the starting line up just because they are rookies. I really hope Mckenzie can return to his old self by the start of this season. We really need another player here before I am satisfied.

I don't think that MM is going to be ready come the start of the season, at least not until maybe mid-season. Randal Gay is gonna suprize us a little, I think he's better than we think. I watched his interview and he said that NE played a lot of man to man, so I'm optimistic about him starting if MM can't go. I have a feeling JD will be starting on the other side. After a season in the system he may be improved. We won't know until the preseason.

It went from a defense bad enough to drag our offense under....now its decent enough to where the offense can carry it....ir fwe can get a playmaker in the first and a few other role players with the other picks it might be something the offense just has to help support every now and then.

If we pick up a solid DT in the first or second and either a FS or CB somewhere in the draft, I think we have the makings of a GOOD defense. Vilma will be our field general we need and McCray will be our relief rusher on the end.

I don't have much faith in Morgan staying healthy (he has yet to make a full year), so if we were to pick up a solid WLB that would REALLY make us solid.

The move I like the most and am most excited about is Vilma, Morgan i cant get excited about because he's gotten injured every single year the past few years and has always missed significant time each year. What's makes here any different, if he stays healthy great, but I wouldn't bet on it..

I think a lot depends on our draft and if we have some guys that can come in right away and contribute and improve the defense, because with McKenzie out with the ACL you never know how fast guys can come back from those. If he's not fully ready by the beginning of the season then Gay is going to have to come in and play a big role as a possible nickle or opposite David:)covri: ) or if Young comes around in his second year. The key though is for our D-Line to get more pressure on the QB so we don't have the QB comfortable in the pocket and picking us apart(for the time being until we get secondary help)...

I think we are being very conservative. I like it. From a return on investment standpoint i think we are solid. Even if Morgan only makes one 3rd down tackle to make the defense punt, we got a good deal. I think we all assume these free agents are going to start. Vilma i believe is the only lock at starter. The FO is not done yet. Draft day is going to shock alot of us. We are primed to make some big moves .

I don't think that MM is going to be ready come the start of the season, at least not until maybe mid-season. Randal Gay is gonna suprize us a little, I think he's better than we think. I watched his interview and he said that NE played a lot of man to man, so I'm optimistic about him starting if MM can't go. I have a feeling JD will be starting on the other side. After a season in the system he may be improved. We won't know until the preseason.

Let's all pray that MM will be back. I think our defense hinges on whether he will be ready, and when. Hopefully, we get Ellis/Dorsey because that would alleviate some of our secondary problems.

btw: your first thread start... and my first post lol

It's going to come down to injuries, or more specifically, the return from injuries by Mckenzie, Vilma, and Morgan. If they all come back healthy, and we can shore up the defense in the draft with a CB and DT, then I have a good feeling about the D.

If we draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Doresy, and assuming Vilma and Morgan are healthy, I'll say we have a top 15 Defense.

I also like the Bobby McRay signing, he will probably be our edge or speed rusher on 3rd downs and they will probably shift CG to dt when they go that way. The pas rush was what was really missing last year IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom