What Do You Think Of Our Defense Now? (1 Viewer)

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I really like the additions we made on defense so far this offseason, I don't think they are finished getting defensive players yet. I have Been reading other posts about our defense and some have comented on Vilma and Morgan negatively, even though they have said that they will be 100% before camp starts. I think they are going to have a monster year. I really believe that adding another DT & CB in the draft or FA befor the season starts and we will be at least a top 15 defense.

BTW this th e first thread I have ever started, so kinda take it easy on me.:beerchug::beerchug:

I'm definitely excited about the Vilma trade. Hopefully his knee holds up. He'll raise the play of our entire defensive unit. If we can get anything out of Morgan I'll consider it a success, due to his history.

I agree that we need some DT help and some more bodies at corner. I'd be happy if we picked at least one of each during the draft. Hopefully early on.....I"d love to see Dorsey or Ellis in black & gold. For some reason the top tier CB's in this draft don't seem to be <i>that</i> much better than what should be available in the 2nd round.....but you never know.

This draft is going to be quite interesting.

Considering we've only added 1 true starter in Vilma who is actually unsure to play, I'll wait until the draft

I like that the FO attempted to take a chance on the LBs. Its a low-risk high-reward gamble. If one of those guys pans out, its a huge upgrade to the defense. McCray will give us some pass rush depth, and push the overweight DEs to work harder. Randal Gay will give us some depth, but I dont expect him to be a huge playmaker. If he starts, it just shows how poor our CB position is. I am not as optimistic about MM coming back early in the year, and if he does I seriously doubt he will be full strength. We need to address the CB weakness in the draft, hopefully in round 1. Then DT in round 2.

Overall, I am pleased with this offseason so far. The draft will be very important for our defense, and I hope we draft best defensive player available, (CB, DT, LB, or Safety).

If Mike McKenzie is healthy, our only pressing need is defensive tackle. I'm fine with KK at FS if Bullocks still looks lost and we have Shanle incase Morgan gets injured.

I really like the additions we made on defense so far this offseason, I don't think they are finished getting defensive players yet. I have Been reading other posts about our defense and some have comented on Vilma and Morgan negatively, even though they have said that they will be 100% before camp starts. I think they are going to have a monster year. I really believe that adding another DT & CB in the draft or FA befor the season starts and we will be at least a top 15 defense.

BTW this th e first thread I have ever started, so kinda take it easy on me.:beerchug::beerchug:

I'll take Vilma's word for it and I think most do, but a lot of people will continue to be very cautious in their optimism for Morgan. The guy has been hurt every year, I think, since being drafted.

In essence we have added a stud MLB and a nickle back that we can count on. Morgan is gravy if he pans out, but his unfortunate knack of getting hurt is exactly why I think Rivers would be a good fit for us(any WLB in the draft for that matter). If we don't need him this year, we definately will need him next.

IMO, if we add another Lber, CB and DT in the draft and our D will be set. I would like us to address DT(1), DB(2), Lber(1), WR(1), TE(1)....if we tade down and pick up an extra pick OL(1), in no particular order.

I am glad to see some positive posts about our defense for a change. After the draft there will be more cuts of veterans, some good, some not so good. So we may be getting some more defensive help that way too.

No problem.

Not finished getting D players yet? You may be right, but I can't think of any possibiles.

Vilma and Morgan spoken about negatively? I haven't read those. Probably because of Vilma's injury. He is just now jogging, not running, and the issue is in doubt.

Morgan? Negative? He's got guts, lets see, but use caution with our expectations.

They've said they'll be 100% by camp? Oh boy, take that one with a grain of salt.

DT or LB. A good CB will be there for us in the second (my opinion).

ddd

Anybody ever realize that 2 of our 3 starters at linebacker are Miami alums. One picked 1-11 and the other 1-12 in the draft(separate years). What if we picked up Gooden in the 2nd and he eventually takes Fujitas spot in a few years? That would be an all miami LB corps.

Anybody ever realize that 2 of our 3 starters at linebacker are Miami alums. One picked 1-11 and the other 1-12 in the draft(separate years). What if we picked up Gooden in the 2nd and he eventually takes Fujitas spot in a few years? That would be an all miami LB corps.

You are talking about Vilma and Morgan.

Neither is a starter for this team, and only one can run.

ddd

ehhh......everyone knows you get LBers from Penn State. Now an all Miami DB, especially at SS & FS, might be worth getting excited about!

if morgan and vilma are healthy they're worlds better than any LBers on our team, fujita included

I definitely feel as if they are not only going to obviously add more to the defense in the draft, but will add more vets via trade/free agency before training camp

I think that we have to have at least one of the top 32 defenses in the league with the moves we have made this offseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom