What do you think of the 16oz soda limit in NYC? (1 Viewer)

And the problem is? I think it's good. Most ppl who eat fast food drink soda and then you have those that have to drink a gallon of the crap. It's a start to bring down obesity. Sure, you can still get 2 liter bottles but question: who drinks 1liter of a 2liter bottle in one sitting? .001% of the population? Now who drinks 1liter in 1 sitting because it came in a cup with a straw?

One more thing the government trying to tell us to do like we can't think for ourselves

And the problem is?

The government telling you how you will live your life. Just because it is "good for you" doesn't mean that the government should force you to do it. The road to Hell and all that.

People are completely missing the point.

the Mayor of New York doesn't give a rats *** if you drink yourself to obesity or now. this a sales tax increase by increasing the number of items applied to the tax.

think about it. if a 2 litter is $2, 10% sales tax is 20 cents. If a one litter is $1.50, then the sales tax on 2 one litters is 30 cents.

I'm tired of govt imposing its will on the people by trying to control what they can put into their bodies. Drugs, euthanasia and anything else that doesn't hurt others should be out of the control of the govt. Meanwhile it is perfectly fine for people to have guns which do hurt other people. This country's priorities are way outta whack.

I really do fear for the country because of the millennial generation. They seem content to let the government machine grow to a size that it cannot be controlled by the people.

And the problem is? I think it's good. Most ppl who eat fast food drink soda and then you have those that have to drink a gallon of the crap. It's a start to bring down obesity. Sure, you can still get 2 liter bottles but question: who drinks 1liter of a 2liter bottle in one sitting? .001% of the population? Now who drinks 1liter in 1 sitting because it came in a cup with a straw?

You're presuming that an order of pizza goes to one person?

What about the family - or the ball team - or the church group - or the meeting . . . where they decide to order some pizzas and 2 liter? It's a very common thing in America.

You can't do that anymore in NYC.

Time for people in NYC to invest in a Soda Stream. I have one, I love it. Soda Stream made Mi0 Energy very interesting to say the least. Now I need to just find a local place in the Metairie area that sells small quantities of dry ice so I can refill my c02 tank, instead of spending 15$ @ Walmart.

But yet it's proven that fat people drink the most diet soda, and correlations show the more diet drinks you drink, the more likely you are to be obese, but those are still ok.

But yet it's proven that fat people drink the most diet soda, and correlations show the more diet drinks you drink, the more likely you are to be obese, but those are still ok.

Because no one would ever drink that crap unless they were already fat?? :idunno:

I bet if NYC proposed a bill that wouldn't allow soda to be purchased with food stamps the same people that were behind the 16oz limit would oppose it.

You're presuming that an order of pizza goes to one person?

What about the family - or the ball team - or the church group - or the meeting . . . where they decide to order some pizzas and 2 liter? It's a very common thing in America.

You can't do that anymore in NYC.

drink Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Zero ( since thats all dem northerners drink anyhoo. - Pepsi. ick )

Im pretty sure the 2 liter wasnt the main reason they called "xyz" pizza for a pie.

drink Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Zero ( since thats all dem northerners drink anyhoo. - Pepsi. ick )

Im pretty sure the 2 liter wasnt the main reason they called "xyz" pizza for a pie.

I get your point about the practical impact - but it only highlights the sheer absurdity of the rule.

But it doesn't matter what the main reason was . . . people want a beverage with their meal. Are you going to still go to the restaurant if they tell you can't have anything to drink?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom