What do you think will be the biggest impact from the 17-game season this year? (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In general, obviously I think we'll see some (at least slightly) more banged-up teams in the playoffs. Specifically for the Saints, I'm concerned with the amount of talent we jettisoned in the off-season, because depth is going to be even more important this year.

Going to be interesting.

Injuries, injuries, and more injuries. Every season is a war of attrition but now with another game it becomes even more so.

That first round bye becomes even more critical because these guys are going to be beat up and gassed after 17 games.

And obviously we're going to see some crazy stats. Mahomes might flirt with 6k yards.

Jeff Fisher will secretly lament that he missed the opportunity to be the first coach to win 7 games -- and have double digit losses in the same regular season.
I was rooting for Jeff Fisher to become 1st NFL Coach with over 170 wins and 170 losses

Every record from here on out should carry an asterisk. Season and career record. :)

Huh. That's something I didn't think about. How are they handling half the teams getting more home games than the other half?
Apparently making it an AFC /NFC flip-flop until they decide it was a bad idea.

so here's my question - with some supposings
it seems as the team aged, SP pulled back on both practices and pre-season games (ad yes part of pulling back on practice was CBA)
he ever (seemed) to go so far as to let Sept continue to be gel time, and then Oct/Nov was the time to kick into gear
adding another game i would think he would want to lean into that strategy even more
BUT
now have 2 draft classes who have not had a pre-season AND a QB battle (and even if it's not a battle it's still a QB who needs plenty of reps with his O) - so that would indicate squeezing all of the juice out of pre-season (which could make us even more vulnerable in Dec/Jan)

I suspect he'll let the D do the normal 'vet' camp, but the O will be on the field in pre-season significantly more than when Drew was back there the last 3 or so years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom