Poll What do you think will happen with Alvin Kamara? (1 Viewer)

What will happen with Alvin Kamara?

• Holdout

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • Contract extension

Votes: 55 28.9%
  • New contract after the season

Votes: 74 38.9%
  • Franchise tag

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
With Dalvin Cook holding out for a new contract, I wonder if Kamara will do the same?

If so what will we do? Will we fold and give him a new contract like the Cowboys did with Zeke last year? Or do we call his bluff and let him holdout like the Chargers did with Melvin Gordon?

With him not having such a great season this past year it will be really hard to give him any kind of raise for this year. Hopefully with that in mind he doesn’t hold out cause he really doesn’t have the leverage due to his performance last year.

I hope he doesn’t hold out or we just let him hold out. Hopefully it doesn’t go into like week 5 like what happened with Melvin Gordon last year. I’m thinking the Ty Montgomery signing may be more of a backup plan if he were to hold out. I wouldn’t give him a big raise for sure

Hopefully he has a great year and we can work out a new contract that doesn’t hurt the team too much. If he has the same kind of season as last year then I’m looking to possibly franchise him next season. Or look to sign someone like Leonard Fournette to take his place cause if Taysom ends up being the starter next year we would more than likely move to a more run oriented offense. I’m not so sure Kamara will be as effective for us with Taysom being the starter at QB. I would rather a bell cow type of back that can handle a huge workload. Now if Jameis ends up being the starter than Kamara makes more sense since we could run the same kind of offense with him at the helm.

So what do you think will happen & what do you want to happen?

**Edit put “He walks” option**

Last edited:
I'm voting new contract next year and noting that it doesn't specify with a specific team. We aren't paying 13+mil/year for a running back. It hasn't worked out good for anyone who has done it.

I'm voting new contract next year and noting that it doesn't specify with a specific team. We aren't paying 13+mil/year for a running back. It hasn't worked out good for anyone who has done it.
Mascona had a segment regarding AK’s value. He said $10 million based off of touches and such. Pegged the value between Henry’s tag number and Drake’s deal as of right now. I’ve always thought $10 million was a good number, but who knows these days.

With Dalvin Cook holding out for a new contract, I wonder if Kamara will do the same?

If so what will we do? Will we fold and give him a new contract like the Cowboys did with Zeke last year? Or do we call his bluff and let him holdout like the Chargers did with Melvin Gordon?

With him not having such a great season this past year it will be really hard to give him any kind of raise for this year. Hopefully with that in mind he doesn’t hold out cause he really doesn’t have the leverage due to his performance last year.

I hope he doesn’t hold out or we just let him hold out. Hopefully it doesn’t go into like week 5 like what happened with Melvin Gordon last year. I’m thinking the Ty Montgomery signing may be more of a backup plan if he were to hold out. I wouldn’t give him a big raise for sure

Hopefully he has a great year and we can work out a new contract that doesn’t hurt the team too much. If he has the same kind of season as last year then I’m looking to possibly franchise him next season. Or look to sign someone like Leonard Fournette to take his place cause if Taysom ends up being the starter next year we would more than likely move to a more run oriented offense. I’m not so sure Kamara will be as effective for us with Taysom being the starter at QB. I would rather a bell cow type of back that can handle a huge workload. Now if Jameis ends up being the starter than Kamara makes more sense since we could run the same kind of offense with him at the helm.

So what do you think will happen & what do you want to happen?

**Edit put “He walks” option**

Good post WhDat! Thx. I believe the answer is already on our bench and I think SP signed him to not only back-up Kamara but to also send his agent a message, "We are going on with or without you." I am talking about Ty Montgomery. No he is not Kamara. No one is except CM. But Montgomery is much better than most of us fans think. He has been stuck in hell the last few years. He will shine in an SP offense and has all the skills to fill-in for Kamara. SP would not have to change the playbook for Montgomery.

And if Kamara plays, Montgomery will give Kamara breathers and also add another dimensional weapon to SP's offense.

Voted new contract, but with another team. Just think he’s going to want more than the team are willing to pay.

Kamara has a heck of a lot better case to hold out than Cook--who has had 1 healthy year in 3 attempts. That said, it does not seem like he will. The main issue is all the dumb contracts (Gurley, Zeke, Freeman, L Bell and David Johnson) that have been handed out in recent years, plus the latest CMC deal. Hopefully he just plays out this year and we can try and pay him next...which might be easier given the absurd amount of FA RBs next year-- Cook, Henry, Drake, Fournette, C Carson, Aaron Jones, Mack, Conner, Breida, Mixon, K Hunt, Damien Williams and James White!

Mascona had a segment regarding AK’s value. He said $10 million based off of touches and such. Pegged the value between Henry’s tag number and Drake’s deal as of right now. I’ve always thought $10 million was a good number, but who knows these days.

I think I could go for 3 years 30 mil. I think that's the highest though. And I'm not sure he'll take that.

I'll throw this out there as well. I've heard a lot of speculation that the Ravens could let Ingram go after this season with JK Dobbins there. If that happens I could see us bringing him back next year.

If the Saints want him in their future plans which I think they do, Loomis will find a way. The Salary Cap with new TV money coming in is set to escalate quite a bit. Additionally, players are also getting a bigger share of the revenue under the new labor agreement.

If the Saints want him in their future plans which I think they do, Loomis will find a way. The Salary Cap with new TV money coming in is set to escalate quite a bit. Additionally, players are also getting a bigger share of the revenue under the new labor agreement.
Huh...I don't pretend to know all the particulars, but with possible limited gate revenue I have read that the cap might stay flat next year--even possibly decrease??

Huh...I don't pretend to know all the particulars, but with possible limited gate revenue I have read that the cap might stay flat next year--even possibly decrease??
I thought bout that. Then remembered That the NFL is also going to get many from placed bets and fantasy football. They also probably will find a way to cover revenue from less fans in attendance. Unlike baseball and basketball the NFL has a license to print money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom