Poll What do you think will happen with Alvin Kamara? (1 Viewer)

What will happen with Alvin Kamara?

• Holdout

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • Contract extension

Votes: 55 28.9%
  • New contract after the season

Votes: 74 38.9%
  • Franchise tag

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters
The negotiations with Kamara are going to be interesting. The Saints have just never valued RBs all that much, at least when it comes to big paydays. The difference, though, is Kamara is just as much of a receiving weapon as he is a runner. Depending on the year he has, the guy is primed for a huge payday. I think there is no question he is valued by the Saints, but speaking salary-wise, history tells me it could get interesting, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone. I hope not, but that's my take.

Lattimore's only missed what, two games? Three tops. He's honestly far more important than Ram is to this team. Take either one away, and who does this team miss more? You lose Ram, and Brees/Payton will make up for it with a quick release offense. You lose Lattimore? Welcome back to perpetual corner hell.

Good point on Latt. Our recent and historical success with finding o-linemen is far, far greater than that of finding corners. That said, Ram has been absolutely amazing, and we'll do everything in our power to lock both of these guys up, barring something crazy.

If Coach Pete insider info he got right after the season is accurate, the Saints are going to be using Kamara a lot more as a receiver. If successful I wonder if this would increase his value and price?

Unfortunately I think Kamara days in NOLA are numbered. He mentioned several years ago that he wanted to be the highest paid RB in the league. We won’t even come close to that number, SP doesn’t value RB that highly and I agree with him. There is too big of a chance for the RB to get injured and lose production immediately while we are stuck with a ridiculous contract.

I feel it is very possible, actually probably more likely that if Kamara stays healthy this year (if healthy he will return to awesomeness), we won't be able to afford him next year. I'd hate for that to happen but I think it is the reality of the situation.

I voted holdout, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him extended early in the year and possibly traded after the season. Personally, I’d love to see him sign a big contract and stay. It’s possible if we stay cheap at QB.

Shouldn’t we trade Kamara though if we just gonna ride out his last year and let him sail away ?? I doubt he stays for less money because personally I feel like someone will outbid us & he hasn’t had his big payday yet . Just my opinion . I myself would like to keep him for about 10 mil but I feel he will demand more and will receive it from another team

I don’t think we will see how it works out until next offseason. If Kamara has a big year, then he could easily price himself out of the Saints plans... he’s a special player though... and I’d hate to see him leave.

Shouldn’t we trade Kamara though if we just gonna ride out his last year and let him sail away ?? I doubt he stays for less money because personally I feel like someone will outbid us & he hasn’t had his big payday yet . Just my opinion . I myself would like to keep him for about 10 mil but I feel he will demand more and will receive it from another team

No you try to win a Super Bowl with him this year. Maybe it works out where we can keep him next year. If not we could get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves. We could get another 3rd round comp pick if Jameis leaves. Then you have to hit on those picks. That’s how the Patriots did it for a long time.

Play out this season. If he goes bananas, apply the franchise tag and listen for 1st round offers. Anything less than that, we should hope Loomis can work something out to keep him around long term. He brings a lot to the offense when he's healthy.

With Dalvin Cook holding out for a new contract, I wonder if Kamara will do the same?

If so what will we do? Will we fold and give him a new contract like the Cowboys did with Zeke last year? Or do we call his bluff and let him holdout like the Chargers did with Melvin Gordon?

With him not having such a great season this past year it will be really hard to give him any kind of raise for this year. Hopefully with that in mind he doesn’t hold out cause he really doesn’t have the leverage due to his performance last year.

I hope he doesn’t hold out or we just let him hold out. Hopefully it doesn’t go into like week 5 like what happened with Melvin Gordon last year. I’m thinking the Ty Montgomery signing may be more of a backup plan if he were to hold out. I wouldn’t give him a big raise for sure

Hopefully he has a great year and we can work out a new contract that doesn’t hurt the team too much. If he has the same kind of season as last year then I’m looking to possibly franchise him next season. Or look to sign someone like Leonard Fournette to take his place cause if Taysom ends up being the starter next year we would more than likely move to a more run oriented offense. I’m not so sure Kamara will be as effective for us with Taysom being the starter at QB. I would rather a bell cow type of back that can handle a huge workload. Now if Jameis ends up being the starter than Kamara makes more sense since we could run the same kind of offense with him at the helm.

So what do you think will happen & what do you want to happen?

**Edit put “He walks” option**
It's pretty quiet over on Airline Drive, which tells me one of two things:
  1. Kamara is content to finishing his contract.
  2. The Saints are currently in discussions with his agent.
No news is great news, IMO.

I don't know but I am selling my Kamara Vapor Untouchable Color Rush jersey (XL) if anyone is interested. Only wore it once.

Don't see us being able to bring him back. He will want top dollar, and someone out there will give it to him. The decision will be easier for him because we'll be looking at a "rebuilding" year or two once Drew retires. (I don't know if that's true, but it's what they'll be saying.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom