What do you think will happen with Will Smith, Vilma and Harper? (1 Viewer)

What is going to happen with Vilma, Harper and Smith?

• All of them get cut

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • All of them take a pay cut and stay Saints

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Harper and Vilma take a pay cut, Smith takes a walk

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Vilma is cut, Smith and Harper come back for much less money

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Smith and Vilma return, Harper is gone

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters
Harper sucks, but cutting him will not save the Saints much money this season.

Smith is a gone pecan.

In the long run it is seeming like Vilma is the lock of the 3. Smith is really worth less than what he will cost us. Any business man can see that and would naturally send the man his walking papers. It takes nothing away from what he's done for this franchise but we got to prepare ourselves for winning a Super Bowl while we can and that means spending $ in the right places. Harper on the other hand is intriguing and I'd like to hear more on him because I would assume he's a goner if it were up to me, but I can imagine a roster with him on it depending o which way we head with other personnel

I would like Vilma to stay, but at a reduced cost.

Smith can go if he wants, but if he wants to stay, then it better be at a fair depth type salary.

Harper is a whole different situation. We don't save much by releasing him, and we won't re-structure because it means he's in the plans for the future. Next year he'll have his ultimatum.

Vilma and Smith get cut. Harper either takes paycut or nothing happens

this.

Smith retires by mid season when he realizes no team is going to pick him up.

Vilma bounces around the league for a couple seasons without much impact before retiring.

Harper stays, doesn't take a pay cut and this time next season he is the player everyone is debating whether he gets cut.

Harper and Smith cut and given June 1st cut tags ( saves alot more money on this years cap). Vilma is the only one that takes the pay cut and stays.

I could see Harper getting cut next year if we don't restructure him now. He might be overpaid but his salary isn't unmanageable.

I hope Vilma stays for less money, because even with as bad as that defense was last year, it was better with Vilma on the field.

Smith...couldn't care much less what happens with him. If he signs for less, great. If he doesn't and walks, great.

Vilma and Smith return with pay cuts and Harper stays on current contract. He's way too valuable to outright cut.

wow..did you all know will smith released...

big willie style in 1997?

I'm hoping that Gregg Williams asks for a trade, and we dump his salary on the Titans.

Vilma and Smith take a paycut. Harper stays the the same this year, walks next year.

That's what I was thinking too. I know that redoing Smith & Vilma's deals has been talked about publicly but I don't recall seeing Harper's mentioned (although I easily could have missed it). Has there been discussion of redoing Harper's contract or is that just SR wishful thinking?

Smith and Vilma cut, Harper restructures or stays the same

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom