What do you think will happen with Will Smith, Vilma and Harper? (1 Viewer)

What is going to happen with Vilma, Harper and Smith?

• All of them get cut

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • All of them take a pay cut and stay Saints

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Harper and Vilma take a pay cut, Smith takes a walk

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Vilma is cut, Smith and Harper come back for much less money

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Smith and Vilma return, Harper is gone

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
So still no news on Harper, Smith or Vilma. I suppose we'll find out soon enough but meanwhile what do you think will happen with these guys? Cut or pay cut?

:scratch: :no:

Vilma and Smith take a paycut. Harper stays the the same this year, walks next year.

I hope all three walk. But I dont see it since Loomis and Payton are more concerned about paying respect to the veterans rather than thinking about building this defense on a positive note.

One of the 3 won't be here I think......

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

I'm thinking if it's taken this long and it's going down to the wire, Vilma and Smith have turned down whatever they've been offered so far, but the offers are still there and it's take it or leave it. I have a feeling that they're gonna leave it. As for Harper I have no idea but I think he stays because of his contract and the other two go.

Smith better be cut. His production the last couple of years + his salary = robbery!
Vilma, pay cut. I believe he can actually help us out.
Harper, pay cut. Although, if he got cut, he is easily replaceable (through draft or FA).

You missed the obvious, most likely option.

Vilma and Smith restructure for a pay cut, Harper stays on his current contract

I'm thinking if it's taken this long and it's going down to the wire, Vilma and Smith have turned down whatever they've been offered so far

Or they're waiting for Saturday when their agents can officially contact other teams and gauge their open market value verses the offer the Saints have put forth

Or they're waiting for Saturday when their agents can officially contact other teams and gauge their open market value verses the offer the Saints have put forth

They are under contract so they can't talk to any other team unless they are officially released by the Saints. The only players that can are those whose contracts are set to expire on the 12th of March. None of these players are under a contract expiring then.

They're not free agents this year.

They are under contract so they can't talk to any other team unless they are officially released by the Saints. The only players that can are those whose contracts are set to expire on the 12th of March. None of these players are under a contract expiring then.

Good point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom