What do you think..... (1 Viewer)

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
....about our chances on offense to move the ball and get points this week coming off of a bye against a very good Raven's defense which is also coming off of a bye?

I think that we can move the ball on them, but it's going to take patience by Drew and company. Ironically, I think that Reggie will have one of his better games against the Ravens. I like the matchup problems he will cause for Ray Lewis and the rest of their LB's. If there is a weakness on the Ravens defense, it's there lateral pursuit. I think we have enough speed to exploit them there. We all know that they are very stout in the middle but they can be exploited in the flats and seems. Deuce will have a tough time running inside but Reggie should be able to have a decent game in space. We shall see.

I actually think we will have success running against the Ravens. I like our chances.

Looking at the stats from the last couple of raven's games, defensively they have not given up many touchdowns.

I think we will have to adjust our gameplan a little bit and go for the big play more than we usually do. why, you ask? I don't think we can consistently drive 60-80 yards on 12+ play drives against that defense. The longer their defense is on the field, the more chance they'll make a big play. I like our chances better if we score quickly on offense, and then let our defense hold down their struggling offense.

This is offense is so different from most because it is not 1 dimensional. Most offenses, if you stop 2 or 3 key things, then you can shut them down. New Orleans' offense has so many weapons, if something is not working then they can move on to a whole different formation and type of play. I believe this is one reason we have started out sluggish in a few games this year and ended the game on a tear.

I think they should be worried about how to stop our high powered offense that has so many different weapons.
BB&G

We have very good chances of moving the ball. We have too many offensive threats. I hope we run the 2 RB set with Colston and Horn out a WR and then the defense won't know what to do. Colston will have a big day since he will basically go unseen with so many threats on the field at one time. But this week we get to see how our defense line will react to one of the best defenses.

I think that it will be a tough, hard fought, low scoring game. But in the end I also think that the Saints will score enough to win. The Ravens will keep it close, but I see the game 17-10, Saints.

i think this game is one where you use the short pass game to open up the run. jake lit them up , granted most of that was to smith, but brees has a lot more options. if brees complets a few passes to start, then deuce should have room to run. bal control is key, more nice long drives :D

After all the good defenses we've came up against this year, I have to think we'll do fine. We seem to adapt to the situation at hand and make changes on the fly. I hope this one isn't any different ;)

I have a lot of confidence in Payton's gameplanning skills now. What I'd be a little more worried about is whether the bye week disrupts the defense, which was playing a little over their heads (according to the experts, anyway). They need to pick their emotional level back up. The Ravens don't scare you on offense, but that's exactly why our defense could have trouble with them.

Our offense ought to be ok from an emotion standpoint -- if you can't get motivated by the Ravens D, then you can't get motivated.

I think we play better with a fast pace. Quick huddle, short drops, steady tempo. It shows with our 4th quarter performances.

I have a lot of confidence in Payton's gameplanning skills now. What I'd be a little more worried about is whether the bye week disrupts the defense, which was playing a little over their heads (according to the experts, anyway). They need to pick their emotional level back up. The Ravens don't scare you on offense, but that's exactly why our defense could have trouble with them.

Our offense ought to be ok from an emotion standpoint -- if you can't get motivated by the Ravens D, then you can't get motivated.

Agreed! I think that the Saints will have no problem from a motivational standpoint.

The raven's D has allowed two good running backs to rush for over 90 yards in a game (San Diego and Denver). And they have allowed good passing offenses to move the ball on them as well. We have both, so I think we'll be fine if we can avoid turnovers and long third downs which is what they excel at.

I'd like to see us run sets with Deuce and Reggie in the backfield at the same time. We do it, but not as often as I'd like to see. It will be necessary for us to force the Ravens to 'pick their poison' effectively. If we do that, DB has the smarts to find the open guy in single coverage.

I hope

Mikeeeeeee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom