What do you want to see in Madden 09? (1 Viewer)

i love madden 08, its great and if i had more time id spend all of it playing it.

few things id like to see get fixed

1) defensive line pressure

2) change player positions

3) fumbling

i would really like them to bring back the coach game they had. anyone remeber what it was called? NFL Coach or something, i loved that game. it had its bugs just like a 1st year game will, but if they could develop it a bit more, i thought it had alot of promise.

I'd like to see a coaching mode, where you come in as an offensive or defensive coordinator and just control your side of the ball. If you do well you should be offered promotions and head coaching jobs. If you do poorly, you should be demoted/ fired.

then it isn't fun for the better players...

madden 08 is a great game..they need to fix the animations and turnovers, and make a better radio guy..or something, and that's it IMO

i dont know how it was a step down from 07...

So you think a linebacker should be able to run with Reggie Bush and catch up to him and knock down the ball despite being behind by like five yards?

It's not about the difficulty of all madden per se'.....it's more about the cheap turnovers and superspeed that players react to. If I spot a hole in coverage and pass the ball to the correct guy, a linebacker shouldn't be able to close in faster than superman and intercept the ball from ten yards away. That's insane. I can beat the computer everytime on All Madden by a large amount of points....I'm a pretty good player...I'm talking about the CHEATING the AI does on all madden.

It's pathetic. I haven't even mentioned the fumbles.

i love madden 08, its great and if i had more time id spend all of it playing it.

few things id like to see get fixed

1) defensive line pressure

2) change player positions

3) fumbling

i would really like them to bring back the coach game they had. anyone remeber what it was called? NFL Coach or something, i loved that game. it had its bugs just like a 1st year game will, but if they could develop it a bit more, i thought it had alot of promise.

Head Coach?

I agree.. I liked that game too.. and tend to still plug in the old orig xbox just to play it from time to time. I liked the draft commentary on each player after he was selected.. wouldnt mind seeing that in madden. But yeah.. bring back John.. get rid of radio man. Bring back some form of weekly newspaper or around the league news with some depth. Possibly momentum advantages and shifts like NCAA.. and home field advantage boosts as well. Oh and.. would love to hear the Deeuuuuuuuuuuuuccccceeeee chants get longer and louder.. especially when he's on a roll.. like on game winning drives and he keeps poundin and gettin first downs. Could work hand in hand with momentum shifts and home field advantage. I know theres more I think of while playin.. but will have to add them later when I can remember.

So you think a linebacker should be able to run with Reggie Bush and catch up to him and knock down the ball despite being behind by like five yards?

It's not about the difficulty of all madden per se'.....it's more about the cheap turnovers and superspeed that players react to. If I spot a hole in coverage and pass the ball to the correct guy, a linebacker shouldn't be able to close in faster than superman and intercept the ball from ten yards away. That's insane. I can beat the computer everytime on All Madden by a large amount of points....I'm a pretty good player...I'm talking about the CHEATING the AI does on all madden.

It's pathetic. I haven't even mentioned the fumbles.

true..but i don't know..i just like it like that.
it's winnable, but its extremely difficult, and you CANT make a mistake. thats why i like all madden

true..but i don't know..i just like it like that.
it's winnable, but its extremely difficult, and you CANT make a mistake. thats why i like all madden

See that's my point....you really don't have to make a mistake...the computer will force a couple on you no matter what you do whether it be an interception, fumble or just a guy coming out of nowhere and catch you from behind when you have a ten yard lead on the D with Reggie Bush.

Don't get me wrong, I love this years Madden for the most part.....but if I could change some things I would change the things in my previous post.

interceptions is not the computer cheating, the game this year is much more realistic in the fact that you cannot just throw it where ever you want anymore.

if you throw it into coverage its going to get picked, and i love that.

the fumbling however, is rediculous.

interceptions is not the computer cheating, the game this year is much more realistic in the fact that you cannot just throw it where ever you want anymore.

if you throw it into coverage its going to get picked, and i love that.

the fumbling however, is rediculous.

Did you read my post? I am not talking about the picks when you make a mistake and throw into coverage....I am talking about the unrealistic closing speed of linebackers and corners when you make the RIGHT throw on All Madden and if you happen to be up by more than the computer wants the lead to be BAM....INTERCEPTION. How about when the ball passes through the offensive players body (chest) and bounces in thin air at a right angle right into the waiting hands of the DB.

Thats what I'm talking about.

1) That they don't base Saints rating on the crappy games last year,but on the good ones.

2) Tom Brady on the cover so he gets the curse.

3) They quit calling Bullocks "Rodney Poole"

4) For online, EA to dedicate more money to its servers so less lag.

5) The ability to lateral the ball as the RB.

Did you read my post? I am not talking about the picks when you make a mistake and throw into coverage....I am talking about the unrealistic closing speed of linebackers and corners when you make the RIGHT throw on All Madden and if you happen to be up by more than the computer wants the lead to be BAM....INTERCEPTION. How about when the ball passes through the offensive players body (chest) and bounces in thin air at a right angle right into the waiting hands of the DB.

Thats what I'm talking about.

did you read my post? that never happens to me. im pretty sure i know what your talking about to. in past maddens, you could throw the ball over the head of a linebacker whos in the spy position, to a wide open WR/TE in the middle of the field. this year its actually realistic in the fact that if you do it, it will get intercetped.

when playing on madden i typically only keep tall WR's. that means lance moore, devery get the boot.

reconize the cover scheme. asoon as you hike the ball, watch what the safties do, if they back up, do not throw it deep. if they come in, look for your deep guy. throw the ball high and far. more often than not you should be throwing the ball to your TE/RB. i promise to you, if your #1 and #2 WR are covered, a RB or a TE will be open. ive finished games when my RB (deuce,reggie,karney) has 11-15 receptions while colston only has 3/4.

whats really cool about all-madden is when you use the above strategy that I use, they switch up their coverage and you have to adjust to that. i love how the computer reacts to your style in this years game.

the only games i play on my 360 are madden and ncaa. asfar as the ball passing through offensive players bodys..ive never encountered that. i think you may just be biased in the fact that you hate madden.

i dont know if its on this madden, if it is i havent found it but id like to see

A FLEA FLICKER!

or maybe 5-6 trick plays (other than fake field goals and punts or spikes)

like do what the bucs tried against us in the game, hike the ball to the RB then him run right then turn throw the ball to the QB then throw that to the WR

did you read my post? that never happens to me. im pretty sure i know what your talking about to. in past maddens, you could throw the ball over the head of a linebacker whos in the spy position, to a wide open WR/TE in the middle of the field. this year its actually realistic in the fact that if you do it, it will get intercetped.

when playing on madden i typically only keep tall WR's. that means lance moore, devery get the boot.

reconize the cover scheme. asoon as you hike the ball, watch what the safties do, if they back up, do not throw it deep. if they come in, look for your deep guy. throw the ball high and far. more often than not you should be throwing the ball to your TE/RB. i promise to you, if your #1 and #2 WR are covered, a RB or a TE will be open. ive finished games when my RB (deuce,reggie,karney) has 11-15 receptions while colston only has 3/4.

whats really cool about all-madden is when you use the above strategy that I use, they switch up their coverage and you have to adjust to that. i love how the computer reacts to your style in this years game.

the only games i play on my 360 are madden and ncaa. asfar as the ball passing through offensive players bodys..ive never encountered that. i think you may just be biased in the fact that you hate madden.

Where in my post did I say I hated Madden? I LOVE Madden. If you read the original post, it was about what we wanted to see in Madden. I want them to design an engine where The AI doesn't cheat to keep games closer in the All Pro and Madden settings. Players fumble way too much and the super human INT's are ridiculous. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THROWING INTO COVERAGE. I repeat. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THROWING INTO COVERAGE.

Like I said, I can play the game with the best of them. Online unfortunately is a joke and I only play with folks on my friends list because of the rampant cheating that goes on. (again, a byproduct of poor AI).

Jeez, I didn't even get into the fact that you can be running by a blocker and you'll get suctioned into him from 2 or 3 yards away.

Where in my post did I say I hated Madden? I LOVE Madden. If you read the original post, it was about what we wanted to see in Madden. I want them to design an engine where The AI doesn't cheat to keep games closer in the All Pro and Madden settings. Players fumble way too much and the super human INT's are ridiculous. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THROWING INTO COVERAGE. I repeat. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THROWING INTO COVERAGE.

Like I said, I can play the game with the best of them. Online unfortunately is a joke and I only play with folks on my friends list because of the rampant cheating that goes on. (again, a byproduct of poor AI).

Jeez, I didn't even get into the fact that you can be running by a blocker and you'll get suctioned into him from 2 or 3 yards away.

I agree domedog. I would change the INT's and fumbles. I am so worried about the fumbles that I use the coverup when I am anywhere near another defender. Where do you see 4 RB fumbles a game(even with a RB that does not fumble)?? Also my favorite INT's are the ones where your reciever has 3 steps and you throw a long high one and the CB is not even looking and makes up the ground and turns last minute. No way that ever happens. I too love the tight coverage but there is no way there should this many INT's. And yes I mix long and short throws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom