What do you want to see in Madden 09? (1 Viewer)

I was thinking of getting Madden '08 for our Wii, but perhaps I'll wait for another year...sounds like Madden '08 isn't so great. :dunno:

I just got it for the wii. It is fun, but not worth buying (I have gamefly). I just like it because I am a diehard saints fan (as we all are)

I don't know enough about it to know if this is good or bad for Madden 09, but check this out: (from http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165973 )

So yeah, our expectations are high for the upcoming football season; and we hope a recent departure within EA won't affect how Madden NFL 09 turns out.
We've confirmed that David Ortiz (no, not the Red Sox slugger), the lead producer on the Madden series for the PS3/360 platforms, has left development house EA Tiburon (which makes all of the company's pigskin titles). Our inside sources tell us that Ortiz cited family reasons for his leaving, but we've also heard rumblings that he grew frustrated with the inner workings of the studio. An EA spokesperson sent us this statement concerning the departure: "David's been a valuable part of our team at EA Tiburon, and we wish him the best. Dale Jackson, an EA veteran for more than a decade, continues to lead the Madden NFL development team."

I don't know what side of the rope this guy is pulling on (teh suck or teh allsomeness), but I like hearing about shakeups over there. We'll see, I guess.

Another thing I just remembered.

In Madden 07, it was pretty much impossible to block a punt or kick.
(Although I did it playing PS2 while my PS3 was being repaired. You have to have your opponent punting inside their own end zone)

I remember reading something, maybe IGN or somewhere, saying that they had made this way more realistic, and the reporter playing it had a PAT and a punt block while playing.
What happened to that?
I haven't heard of anyone doing anything of the sort in 08.

Another thing I just remembered.

In Madden 07, it was pretty much impossible to block a punt or kick.
(Although I did it playing PS2 while my PS3 was being repaired. You have to have your opponent punting inside their own end zone)

I remember reading something, maybe IGN or somewhere, saying that they had made this way more realistic, and the reporter playing it had a PAT and a punt block while playing.
What happened to that?
I haven't heard of anyone doing anything of the sort in 08.

07 NCAA was awesome w/ this ..like 20% of the time i blocked one w/ Laron

I never was able to block a PAT or a punt in Madden either or seen the computer get to one either...no matter what year.
In NCAA 08 I have managed to block 2 PAT's and 1 long FG, but no punts.

i block about 2 to 4 kicks a season some times more in NCAA. Madden its damn near imposible.

Emo Song.
Annoying Rap Song.
Shouty Emo song.
and repeat.

That's this year's madden soundtrack in a nutshell. Last year's as well. Also, you hate each song so much, but for the next year you will be singing them without realising. Put more songs in. Also rid the NFL Films remixes.

The Dreadlocks song might be the worst piece of music I've ever heard.
(Dreadlocks fallin all over me, I got dreadlocks fallin all over me, and if ya gotta really gotta, swing em side to side:covri:)

Earl Greyhound are a great band though.Very Led Zep, T Rex-ish.

Still, if I am going to be singing some songs for the next 6 months at least, I want 40+ ones which vary in genre, and the ability to flick over songs I hate, like you used to be able to. Not 12 annoying ones.

How about when you see the players on the sidelines they actually look like the players on the field. Not look like a bunch of players from Madden 98.

down load the updates bro...
no more brooks and horn in the end zones...

What update on what system? I am on Madden 08 right now on the 360 and there wasn't an update to download when I logged on and Horn and Brooks are still in one of the end zones.

Is the update available on the dashboard?

How about when you see the players on the sidelines they actually look like the players on the field. Not look like a bunch of players from Madden 98.

:plus-un2:

when im runninga punt or a kickoff back id like to see them jumping up and cheering or something.

I'd like to see over all collision fixed. Like when you are running back a blocked player I don't want to see him get a full out hit on my running back as soon as I get "within' reach of him.. I mean if they are going to tackle me I want the physics of the collision to actually show up. If they get their head across my numbers I expect to be pushed back a little but if they get a hold of me when I am passing by I want them to have to drag me down. I actually want to see the Dline man make some kind of manuver to seperate from the Oline and not just jump into smaking me in the mouth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom