What do you want to see in Madden 09? (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
Obviously Madden 08 was a massive step down from 07.

They said they improved superstar mode, but in fact IMO they made it so much worse. I want to see more integration with you by the coaches and staff as there would be with real rookies who put up 300 rushing yards.

Marshall's minute is crap.

Use the ESPN thing they put in NCAA on Madden. ESPN.com for news like the newspapers in 07, ESPN Radio in place of the Tony Bruno show, and real Monday Night Football broadcasts.

More intergration with NCAA. Because my PS3 is from the UK I cannot import draft classes and campus legends in to Madden, which sucks. I will probably buy Madden and NCAA 09 from America to see if it works. Anyway, I wanna see the ability to import stats from NCAA. One thing I would love to see is to change the way that in NCAA Dynasty you are the coach, but in Madden you are the weird all holy GM who controls both how the game go's and the prices of the gumbo in the dome. I think that a coach mode in Madden, which allows you to import your coach from college to the pros would be really fun. In NCAA I have a coach who went from FIU, to Indiana, to LSU, and then USC. After that there isn't much to do, you don't get many job offers. I want to, after my 2 straight coach of the years, and national championships, to be offered a job with the Saints. Also that you can be fired and become unemployed and have to earn a job, or go back to college when you do badly, Saban/Petrino style.

In terms of gameplay, improve the realism of the offensive and defensive lines. There is either pressure in the QBs face before drops back, or he has a year to throw, and nothing in between.

Turnovers is something I am less annoyed with than others I have seen, but its still really annoyingly unrealistic when Colston has maybe 6 or 7 yards on a 5'7 DB, who proceeds to make up the space in a second and make the INT over him. The amount of fumbles still hinder your ability to run down the clock.

I don't know about others, but for me it seems that only maybe 2 of my defenders ever get in on a tackle. If Brandon Jacobs is busting through the Saints line, you will get Fujita and McKenzie on him, and another 4 CPU defenders will just stand near and watch Jacobs break the tackles. They should be jumping on.

A more variety of sequences to seek games would be nice as well, for example in the playoffs, or the home opener, the Saints players are pumped and busting a gut, not doing the same animations as they do when they are 60 points ahead in the 4th.

Bring back Madden and Michaels or get the ESPN commentators on. Anything is better than unnamed EA radio presenter who says the same things every game, gives no attempt to analyse what's happening, and doesn't show any emotion during his 'Saints broadcast' when the Saints score or win.

It's Madden, not real life. I want more HB pass, WR Double pass plays, and plays which involve laterals. It makes it more fun. Put in laterals and online mode would become a lot more fun too, pulling off River City Relays when you're down by 6 with 5 seconds left.

That's a few things I want to see. Problem is the likelihood is that EA Sports won't even bother including anything like that if they send out games littered with freezes and glitches.

What do you want to see in the next installment?
I have only played since Madden 07 so don't know anything past that.

D720BFDE23654BCB953D6E9BC63246B2.ashx

good suggestions zorro
Get rid of Weapons feature, it only causes more turnovers.
Get rid of Marshal for sure.

Allow substitutions like old Madden, and also change player positions. (single player mode)

More team individualized playbooks, especially more for defense.

good suggestions zorro
Get rid of Weapons feature, it only causes more turnovers.
Get rid of Marshal for sure.

Allow substitutions like old Madden, and also change player positions. (single player mode)

More team individualized playbooks, especially more for defense.

Make the presentation more "TV" like......ala 2K8.

Please.....please....PLEASE for the love of God bring back Madden and Michaels....I never thought I'd say that but the radio guy just drives me nuts.

Player animations still carry them out of bounds. Fix that for Gods sake.

Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers....

TOo much a jump in difficulty between pro and madden......ramp up pro a bit and bring down All Madden a bit and it'd be perfect.

Linebackers CAN NOT cover Reggie Bush.

How about a totally brand new engine that plays nothing like last generation.

I would like to have control of the scheduling year after year. It would be nice to set up the schedule like it is in real life. after this seasons games are over I would like to be able to put in the exact same schedule that will be played the year after. That would really make the game more realistic.

How about a totally brand new engine that plays nothing like last generation.

x 10000.

I want some twitch back. I want stick skills versus stick skills.

I want to click in a make a play, consistently, every time I snuff something out.

I want user versus user, with no animations getting in the way.

I agree with WhoDat2007 and Big Ron...

having to play the same schedule over and over again, you should be able to make a schedule or the game should create a new one if you want to play another season, and like Big Ron said being able to make your own substitutions, I couldnt stand that Simoneau and Shanle were the 3rd down linebackers and Fujita was sitting on the bench, or not being able to move a guy from middle linebacker to weakside(because we know how bad they are at getting the roster right, let alone everybody in there right position)

I've been a fan of Madden since it came out but the next gen Maddens are horrible and I just got plain bored with the engine from the PS2. I agree with DMFan. Whole new engine please.

Last edited:
Make the presentation more "TV" like......ala 2K8.

Please.....please....PLEASE for the love of God bring back Madden and Michaels....I never thought I'd say that but the radio guy just drives me nuts.

Player animations still carry them out of bounds. Fix that for Gods sake.

Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers....

TOo much a jump in difficulty between pro and madden......ramp up pro a bit and bring down All Madden a bit and it'd be perfect.

Linebackers CAN NOT cover Reggie Bush.
then it isn't fun for the better players...

madden 08 is a great game..they need to fix the animations and turnovers, and make a better radio guy..or something, and that's it IMO

i dont know how it was a step down from 07...

then it isn't fun for the better players...

madden 08 is a great game..they need to fix the animations and turnovers, and make a better radio guy..or something, and that's it IMO

i dont know how it was a step down from 07...

Oh yeah...Radio guy. Get rid of him. I much preferred hearing Madden even.

i think i'm done with football video games.

I'm so sick and tired of...

being a DE or a LB and never sheding a one on one block with a olineman, yet my oline is made of swiss cheese.

my recievers never getting open while others WR's are always over.

getting stuffed on thrid 1 all the time while others get 50 yard td runs on 3rd and one breaking 6 tackles.

Yeh, i'm done with sports video games completely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom