What does Drew Brees coming back mean for Teddy Bridgewater and Taysom Hill? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

1582051185718.png

"The first domino fell in the 2020 free agent quarterback class, with Drew Brees announcing his decision to return for his 20th season in the NFL — with the New Orleans Saints. While has not signed a contract extension just yet, it’s essentially nothing more than a formality before he’ll take the field again in black and gold.

But what sort of ripple effects will Brees returning to start for the Saints send throughout the NFL? While that’s hard to say, we can suggest what it means for the other two Saints quarterbacks headed for free agency: Teddy Bridgewater and Taysom Hill."

Teddy is going to go somewhere where he will make the salary equivalent to the GDP of a small country, and I will root for him to succeed unless he is playing us.

Taysom will move into his home in Lakeview, and live there for a few years before he moves into a bigger house somewhere uptown.

Teddy's gone, Taysom will get tendered. After that it depends on if a team comes for Taysom and then the draft. Our worst case scenerio right now is Taysom will split more time with Brees next season in order to take over in 2021, which may not be such a bad case at all. Our best case is we land a higher draft pick to get an heir to Brees and he spends a season learning from Brees. If Brees would have retired, then it would have been Teddy's team but I don't see a path to keep both Teddy and Brees. Next year is all about Brees mentoring a new QB for the future.

I think Teddy was going somewhere either way unless Hill got a ridiculous contract offer. And honestly that is what’s best. The last thing we would need on the heels of replacing a HOF QB is a QB controversy to rival any we have ever had.

Teddy deserves a starting job. It just won’t be here. We should just show him the love and wish him the best...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom