What Does Our Future Hold? (1 Viewer)

Saintsfan8989

SaintSational
Reaction score
While a SB is always the top priority, l don't foresee that happening this year. Do you foresee S.P moving on ( Voluntarily or by other means)?The offense is bright with our receivers, yet who will be passing the pigskin after Drew in the next two to three years? Are the Saints in jeopardy of leaving after Benson goes? So many questions that l am curious about.

Go Saints

I believe Payton just signed an extension, and I also think Brees hasn't declined, so he will still be around 3 to 4 years from now.

Draft and sign defense and o-line and let Payton and Brees do their thing for another 3 to 5 years. It is clear SP and Brees still have a great relationship, it has not deteriorated like MM and A Rodgers in GB. Really makes me appreciate how good our main guys are.

The offensive skill players are all SUPER young. We could use a youth injection to the right side of the offensive line, other then that, we're set on that side of the ball. We actually have a young, reliable kicker that doesn't seem to be a head case for the first time in Sean Payton's tenure.
The defense, riddled with injuries, has been resilient and improving. Dennis Allen seems to make great halftime adjustments, if we could just play entire games like the second half of last week, We could be very pleased with the D. There's a lot of youth to like on that side of the ball but could use a better pass rusher on the right side and I'd love to see a true MLB in the mold of Keuchly come in and allow Robertson to go back to his natural Will position.
Also, Sean is here through 2020, if I'm not mistaken. The state has a deal with the Saints that lasts until 2025, I'm sure the team will be in Gayle's hands by then and she's a New Orleans die hard.

to sum it up.....the FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

to sum it up.....the FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

I agree.

Our skill positions are very solid.

If I were Loomis/Payton, and the draft were today, I would grab 2 pass rushers, 2 OL, and 2 ILB's. The rest could be picked up in UDFA.

With the way this team is trending, Drew will retire with at least one more super bowl ring.

Brees won't retire without 2 superbowls. It's already been proven that the media and nfl "experts" don't see Drew's numbers and consistency as enough. Hell, look at this season so far. He wasn't put in the top tier of Qbs until last week. The sports media refuse to open the door for our Qb and will continue to make excuses for , big Ben, Arod, luck, and other Qbs when they struggle. When Drew struggles it's like a free pass for the media to ignore him right out of the conversation. Drew can own every record and the media would rate based off the entirety of the teams performance. In the distant future they will do 30 for 30s about Brees called the greatest quarterback they never acknowledged"

I believe the future looks very bright. We have a young group of WR's getting better with every game a stout offensive line with veterans and youngsters mixed in. We have a young and improving defense. Brees still has at least 3-4 years before we might start seeing a little decline. If we could draft a G, DE & LB in this years draft we will be in good shape for the future.

All I know is that the Saints are currently a blast to watch and I'm rooting for them to go the entire way - you are never out of a game with a Drew Brees on your team.

We are an elite pass rusher away from being a superbowl contender. Those are hard to come by, but if we can find a way to get after the other teams qbs effectively we are gonna be hard to beat. Our offense is as good as its been in years and with breaux and moore back we actually have talent and depth in the secondary. Front 7 isnt spectacular but its been good enough, and i have high hopes for rankins. Just need a de that can be disruptive to really put it all together for our defense

We are an elite pass rusher away from being a superbowl contender. Those are hard to come by, but if we can find a way to get after the other teams qbs effectively we are gonna be hard to beat. Our offense is as good as its been in years and with breaux and moore back we actually have talent and depth in the secondary. Front 7 isnt spectacular but its been good enough, and i have high hopes for rankins. Just need a de that can be disruptive to really put it all together for our defense

This draft is a good year for pass rushers.

I truly believe that Brees will be an effective passer through the age of 42. That's 5 more years of excellence after this season. He really could play to 45, it will be up to him.

He will threaten the 90,000 yard mark and 650 TDs.

He will have the best trio of receivers and a solid TE for the entirety of that span.

I have to agree here. Draft and get more D and O-line and the team is set. Pass rusher and LBerss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom