What Does This Mean? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This goes out to any members out there who may be a little superstitious before watching Saints games. Here goes...

As I mentioned earlier in the day on this forum, I planned to use my time normally reserved for watching afternoon Saints games to play a round of golf at our local championship golf course, the Atchafalaya at Idlewild.

Anyway, I was unable to find someone else who wanted to enjoy the beautiful day at the golf course. I went to play anyway.

However, the folks at the course try to pair up single players whenever possible. So, they paired me with a guy named Jeff.

I could tell right off the bat that Jeff was a pretty good golfer, but he occationally put himself in real bad positions in his efforts to par the hole.

Anyway, somewhere around the end of the front nine, I asked him if he thought the Saints would beat the Cowboys tonight.
He said, "I sure hope not...I'm a Cowboys fan".

Suddenly the game just changed. It would no longer be 'just a friendly game'. After the front nine, I had but a single stroke lead with the back nine looming ahead.

I played some inspired golf the rest of the way! :ezbill:

After parring the 18th hole, I chose to add up the scores with Jeff watching nonchalantly knowing that he continued to lose ground throughout the last nine holes. The final score revealed that I had prevailed over this Dallas Cowboys fan by 7 strokes! (84-91)

I couldn't help but feel like I had actually won one for the team.

But does this round of golf mean anything more significant?

Interpretation anyone? :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom