What Does Your Username Mean? (1 Viewer)

brought back a memory in 1983 on our commodore 64
talking to other people thinking "wow this is going to be huge" we should invest in this of course I was only 17. dam
hindsight. I should always listen to my first intuition

1981, TI-99, using 9600 baud phone modem to connect to a BBS...

Correction: It was only a 2400 baud rate modem...
(FWIW, that was TEXT only transmissions.)
(FWIW #2, early browsers had LOTS of text and few graphics, and had the option to select TEXT ONLY from the menu so as not to bog down the slow modems.)

Last edited:
The name is over 20 years old. I wanted to annoy my classmates when my science teacher was doing this really dumb practice of announcing your grades aloud. Letting everyone know if you passed and what your score was.

So I got a 100, the only person in the class who did, so I say really loudly "Yes! Exactly what you expect from the E-Man!"

Everyone groaned. Maybe the teacher did too because I don't remember her doing that anymore after that.

The name is over 20 years old. I wanted to annoy my classmates when my science teacher was doing this really dumb practice of announcing your grades aloud. Letting everyone know if you passed and what your score was.

So I got a 100, the only person in the class who did, so I say really loudly "Yes! Exactly what you expect from the E-Man!"

Everyone groaned. Maybe the teacher did too because I don't remember her doing that anymore after that.

My facepalm rating was in keeping with your story...

Ahhh that sweet sound, ?, it was driving me crazy trying to think of the name of the co I was using.i keep wanting to say Comcast. seems like it started with a C.and yep all text.
1981, TI-99, using 9600 baud phone modem to connect to a BBS...

Correction: It was only a 2400 baud rate modem...
(FWIW, that was TEXT only transmissions.)
(FWIW #2, early browsers had LOTS of text and few graphics, and had the option to select TEXT ONLY from the menu so as not to bog down the slow modems.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom