What else does Lsu have to do to get Drafted by the Saints ? (1 Viewer)

I saw Jefferson on the phone at 20 I bet it was Sean Payton saying if he was on the board they were taking him . We didn’t move up to swap with Philly and I think we’re Comfortable with him or Murray that’s the reason why . Vikings take Jefferson, Chargers trade up grab Murray Who Dat Nation is left baffled with the pick but I’m more than sure he was the BPA on the board for us and a darn good pick

As an alumni, I'm downright ashamed that the New Orleans Saints refuse to draft any Nicholls State Colonels! It's the least they could do after we graciously hosted training camp here in Thibodaux, LA in 1975 and 2000-2002... :rolleyes:
Why would college team success matter to an NFL team?
Thankfully it doesn't.
Especially since he went to Ohio State. :smilielol:
:facts3: LOLOLOL.
🤦🏾‍♂️ Most Saints fans are Lsu fans. Is it that hard to believe that after winning a title that those same fans would like to see a guy or 2 from that team on the Saints to see if they could translate that winning to the nfl level.
Nothing wrong with liking it to happen, but what you're suggesting is taking a lower rated player solely based on where they went to school. That is idiotic. The LSU/part-time Saints fans need to leave their LSU fandom in Baton Rouge on Sundays.

And I was all aboard the Murray-to Jefferson-to Queen train in the moment. However none of them are going to keep Brees off his ***, Ruiz will. And that's good enough for me.
Browns have a lot of LSU players, how's that working out?
They umm... they... well, they like got new "old" uniforms! So they got that going for them!

Amusing. Truly. The Saints don't scout the SEC as intensely as other conferences. Perhaps the most ignorant statement I've read on this forum, and that says a lot. I just read a national article saying the Saints have had the best drafts in the entire league over the past few years. How can that be, if we didn't draft LSU players? Yeah let's reach for LSU players over better ranked players. Mind-numbing.

If today our draft was Queen, Cushenberry, and Moss, LSU homers would be off the charts excited about this draft.....meanwhile, in reality where the New Orleans Saints actually know how to draft, we got a much better interior lineman than Cushenberry. A much better TE than Moss and a LB whose draft grade was very similar to Queen 2 rounds later than Queen was drafted. The LB we ended up with actually fits our needs more because he also has pass rush skills......Yes, I would like to have had Queen at #24, but now that the draft is over and I see what their strategy was, yeah, it worked out better for us waiting on LB....

I would say going into a draft thinking "I have to draft an LSU guy" hasn't really worked out for the Atlanta Falcons, so maybe you should let the Saints do their job.....

It is not about LSU for me. It is a bigger thing. The Saints for whatever reason, do not scout the SEC that hard. If they did, they certainly would have drafted more SEC players and signed more UDFA’s from the SEC. They apparently scout and have more of a profound connection with scouting the PAC 12 and BIG 10. Look at their drafts. Then look at their UDFA signings. Then tell me it is just LSU they do not draft players from.

The Saints are one of the best drafting teams in the NFL over the past few years....

How's this, what if, God forbid, other teams that don't draft as well OVERVALUE SEC players just because they are from the SEC and the Saints, who know how to draft, see value in the other conferences or those "lesser" players from other conferences tend to fall to the Saints because the other teams overvalue players just because they come from the SEC...in other words, they do what fans do and evaluate based on what school they went to instead of the actual player....

I guess winning a title and breaking records don't mean much to this team. We cant draft 1 lsu player.
I really don't care if the Saints draft LSU players or not. Players can can come from Delgado Community College for what I care. If that player can bring value, work ethic, and can contribute to the team winning, then they are fine with me.

Also, looking at the Saints roster, the Saints have like right at the league average for SEC players.....so. Yeah....

I don’t really care where our players went to college. For some reason, this is a big topic among some Saints fans. Do other teams’ fans obsess about their team taking the state university player? Do Cowboys/Texans fans care if they draft Texas or A&M players? I care about 1 thing....can they help the Saints win a Super Bowl? That is all that really matters.

I don’t really care where our players went to college. For some reason, this is a big topic among some Saints fans. Do other teams’ fans obsess about their team taking the state university player? Do Cowboys/Texans fans care if they draft Texas or A&M players? I care about 1 thing....can they help the Saints win a Super Bowl? That is all that really matters.

I think it's partially the Saints history as a doormat. Fans are used to looking around and seeing LSU players maybe playing well and thinking "why couldn't the Saints have drafted him?" They just pay more attention to the LSU guys, so they think "all these LSU guys are tearing it up." Meanwhile, LSU is like every other school. For every OBJ, you have like 5 or more Barkevious Mingos who are never really impact players.

The thing that these fans are missing is that the Saints are a successful NFL franchise now. They aren't a doormat. Top 10 in wins in the past 15 season. 1 Super Bowl (should have been 2) and 3 NFC title game appearances. over 20 other teams haven't won a Super Bowl in that time....so the Saints know what they are doing. Let them do what they do and root for LSU on Saturday......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom