What else does Lsu have to do to get Drafted by the Saints ? (1 Viewer)

The problem is people are equating this to mean Payton or whomever doesn't like LSU orthey're going out of their way to do so.

They aren't treating LSU with any preferential treatment. As they should. They don't draft Virgina Tech players much either. Or players from Auburn. Or Tulane. Or any number of teams.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

The problem is people are equating this to mean Payton or whomever doesn't like LSU orthey're going out of their way to do so.

They aren't treating LSU with any preferential treatment. As they should. They don't draft Virgina Tech players much either. Or players from Auburn. Or Tulane. Or any number of teams.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

They don't even draft many Alabama or Clemson players and they obviously win Championships.

I'd love a good LSU player on the team to root for and one day that will likely happen, and it might have happened if Jefferson fell two more spots. The draft just hasn't fallen right.

I can't stand posts like this. Yep, a perfect LSU player was right there for the taking. He was the BPA on our board and filled a need. But we drafted a lesser player to avoid having to draft the LSU guy, because, you know, we, um, hate LSU.. It's amazing how stupid our front office is.

In upcoming years people will be upset when we donā€™t draft Stingley or Chase, draft position be damned.

Iā€™m glad we usually go BPA and donā€™t have local biases. If an LSU player was BPA at our pick, Iā€™m sure weā€™d take him. It just hasnā€™t fallen like that.

I hope not. Because Chase will probably be top 5 or at worst 10 next year.

Iā€™m hoping the Saints are picking 32 next draft. šŸ˜

I don't want it to happen, but with the inevitable change in offense post Joe Brady, the downgrade in QB (I mean I like Brennan, but nobody is Burrow from last year), and the lack of off season work outs to get comfortable with a new offense and new QB, we are likely to see regression in Chase's numbers this year. That could make him fall in the draft some and you never know if another WR will have an amazing year.

We don't generally favor SEC players, certainly not the way some teams do. We do favor Big 10 players, though one reason was Payton's relationship with Urban Mayer.

They don't even draft many Alabama or Clemson players and they obviously win Championships.

I'd love a good LSU player on the team to root for and one day that will likely happen, and it might have happened if Jefferson fell two more spots. The draft just hasn't fallen right.
AS you guys have been discussing, the biggest advantage to drafting a good local kid is what it does for the fans to have a local 'hero' on their team.
But it would be wrong to reach for a local kid if you have a a higher ranked kid on your draft sheet. Yeah, Ohio is going to go crazy having Burrow to cheer for and get behind, but if the Bengals crash early & often, the fans won't be cheering uncontrollably just because the local kid is under center.

The Saints will pick an LSU guy (or any good local player) when that kid is already on their BPA radar. And that's how it should be.

The Saints will draft an LSU players next year, but Chase will be out of reach. They might be able to get Jabril Cox though. :ezbill: Oh, but he's from Missouri, not Louisiana.

I hope not. Because Chase will probably be top 5 or at worst 10 next year.

Iā€™m hoping the Saints are picking 32 next draft. šŸ˜
You're right. A team is going to have to suck like a Kirby to have a shot at Chase in 2021... as long as Ja'Marr stays healthy & 'clean'.
But I'm sure you realized that I was speaking with my tongue squarely in cheek. :grin:

I don't want it to happen, but with the inevitable change in offense post Joe Brady, the downgrade in QB (I mean I like Brennan, but nobody is Burrow from last year), and the lack of off season work outs to get comfortable with a new offense and new QB, we are likely to see regression in Chase's numbers this year. That could make him fall in the draft some and you never know if another WR will have an amazing year.

Thatā€™s possible. But Chase appears to have all the special skills you look for in an NFL WR. Heā€™s got size, strength, runs great routes and incredible hands. I think even if his numbers drop a bit, heā€™ll still be one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the NCAA next season.

Itā€™s been a whole two years since we drafted a LSU player. I hope we never draft another one. Maybe eventually these posts will go away. You donā€™t see this junk on other NFL team message boards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom