What else does Lsu have to do to get Drafted by the Saints ? (2 Viewers)

And yet it is amazing how close the Bengals came to having Burrow & Edwards-Helaire together again in their first two picks. :hmm:

I am a huge LSU homer but if an LSU player doesn't fit what the Saints are looking for I can't get mad at them for it.

There have been many LSU players taken by teams in the first round that haven't amounted to much at all. F
I am a huge LSU homer but if an LSU player doesn't fit what the Saints are looking for I can't get mad at them for it.

There have been many LSU players taken by teams in the first round that haven't amounted to much at all. Winning a title doesn't make any player a lock to be a stud in the NFL.

I agree with you 100% the new orleans saints don't owe lsu or fans anything just because they play in the same state. I look at it as the same hiring friends and family for a job just because you know them instead of someone who more suited for what your looking for.

I’m a diehard Saints and LSU fan and this is the dumbest thing every year. Like the saints really avoid LSU players lol

Took this from another forum

so, the

Colts
Cowboys
Dolphins
Patriots
Titans
Vikings
Broncos
Jets
Steelers
Ravens
Lions

Hate LSU as much or more than the Saints?...
Other than the Chiefs not a hellofalota success on that list... I'm a Saints fan and have been since 1967... Under SP and ML i have enjoyed success that I never dreamed of... I'm from a generation that LONGED for just a winning season.... So forgive me if I dont give a hoot where these guys draft from... I'm just thrilled that they are our leaders

Since the Saints missed out on drafting JaMarcus Russell, they have decided that drafting an LSU player would bring back to many bad memories. The pain is real and deep. :)

That’s possible. But Chase appears to have all the special skills you look for in an NFL WR. He’s got size, strength, runs great routes and incredible hands. I think even if his numbers drop a bit, he’ll still be one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the NCAA next season.

I totally agree. He's got everything you want in a star receiver. I'm just saying that his numbers will likely regress because of circumstances outside of his control. Some teams will see through that, but some might not.

It’s been a whole two years since we drafted a LSU player. I hope we never draft another one. Maybe eventually these posts will go away. You don’t see this junk on other NFL team message boards.

I find that really hard to believe. I mean, if you don't understand why a team located in Louisiana would have fans that would really like to see an LSU player play for that team, I don't know what to tell you. I would bet a lot that the same is true with Ohio State and the Bengals and Browns, the Dolphins and The U, the Texans and Cowboys with UT, the Steelers with Penn State, the Lions with Michigan, etc. It's just that there are some great teams, Clemson and Alabama pop into my head, that don't have NFL teams in their states.

I agree the Saints shouldn't force picking an LSU player just because they are a team from Louisiana, but I do understand why people would like to see them pick LSU players. First, probably the majority of Saints fans are from Louisiana, many of those are also LSU fans, and LSU especially right now is loaded with NFL talent.

It’s been a whole two years since we drafted a LSU player. I hope we never draft another one. Maybe eventually these posts will go away. You don’t see this junk on other NFL team message boards.
I know from experience ( my wife’s family is from Cleveland, bless their poor souls) and they not only want the browns to draft Ohio state, but they are aware that the Saints have and are successful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom