What exactly did Brees do wrong? (1 Viewer)

First of all the Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem was not about disrespecting the flag. It wasn't about that 4 years ago and it's about that now. In fact a servicemen had ask Kaepernick to kneel instead of sitting as a sign of respect. Kaepernick was protesting (peacefully) against police brutality against blacks and hispanics.

Again you stated that "people saying that Drew doesn't understand the issue and what Kaepernick was kneeling for, but they themselves don't understand what Brees, or me for that matter, means when we say it is disrespectful to kneel during the anthem." shows that you are making this something that it's not and you are not willing to understand many peoples plight in America. In just the same way Drew did when he made his statements about not agreeing with those that kneel. But at least his Drew was willing to make an apology.
The one bad apple theory is deeply flawed, the whole institution has issues. Watch closely:

Wow that poor guy, that had to hurt...wonder what he was expecting as he confronted the already on edge police ? what was he doing with his hand? what a brave man...i guess?

You're automatically assuming a line of cops have bad intentions. They're doing their jobs.

I'm automatically assuming a line of people with Molotov cocktails and bricks have bad intentions. I guess I shouldn't think that way.
No, I‘m asking for you to account for the hypocrisy, which you seem unable to do. Which has led to me drawing the only conclusions I can, which is that you apply different standards to black people and their cries for justice.

You have hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors gathering across the world recently and a small minority of bad apples that have thrown bricks or Molotov cocktails.

Which you have used as justification to invalidate their entire movement and justify your inaction toward their underlying cause.

You also have thousands of cops gathered across the country, a not significant amount have assaulted and killed citizens, hit them with vehicles, abused their authority, shot rubber bullets and pepper spray into peaceful assembly’s. For which this entire protest is because of their long history of oppression and injustice toward those protesting.

Which you have dismissed as merely bad apples that don’t spoil the bunch, going a step further and praising your willingness to attend fundraisers for a group committing the same atrocities.

So you're saying I deserve to die or be injured because I refuse to side with people who commit violent criminal acts? And you talk about karma?

Where in the world do you get that from what I said?

Unless you are a local DA/judge/IA personnel that was complicit in covering up criminal police acts I wish you no ill will. If you are then I hope you are one day exposed and sentenced like the criminal you are....

Would you refuse to side with PD's that have knowingly committed violent criminal acts as well?

Overreact much?

The one bad apple theory is deeply flawed, the whole institution has issues. Watch closely:

So these cops are "bad apples" now because they ordered the old man to step back, he refused and stood his ground, and they gave him a light push and he tripped and fell to the ground? In a time when the entire country is gripped with violent riots in which numerous police officers have been shot and killed for doing their job? Give me a break.

I seriously don't understand. I've watched the interview multiple times and can't see how I would have answered differently. I'm against police brutality. I'm against bullying, in any form. I'm against social injustice. I wish everyone could just be seen as equal. I wish no one was stereotyped just because of their skin color. I don't need anyone, especially rich celebrities, to tell me what my beliefs are or how to think. I think people have the right to do whatever they want to as long as it doesn't effect me or mine. I was in the Navy so the flag means something to me. Yes, we are all allowed to believe in whatever we want to but, I would never, ever, ever kneel during the national anthem. That is my own personal belief and apparently it is shared by Drew Brees. So why is he having to apologize for it? Should I apologize for it as well? Why is it ok for one man to tell another man to Please stop! while he himself is asking to be heard? To me that seems like double standards. I don't see how it is right to ask for something while trying to take it away from someone else. I see alot of people saying that Drew doesn't understand the issue and what Kaepernick was kneeling for, but they themselves don't understand what Brees, or me for that matter, means when we say it is disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Sure, you can peacefully protest anyway you want to but don't say it isn't disrespectful because it's not about flag when do during the national anthem makes it about the flag.

It saddens me on what the state of our country has become. It saddens me that George Floyd and others have lost their lives senselessly. What can I do to help? Stereotyping the police isn't fair either. We can't fix a problem by doing the exact same thing that black people are suffering from.

Please just help me understand. I don't want this becoming some flame war. I just genuinely don't understand what Brees did or said wrong.
This might help out a bit:

Thank you for your insight into your point of view.

Nope. Some of you just don't get it. The US is majority White but the NFL is majority Black and they have been dealing with this issue for years. Ignorance is bliss.

So these cops are "bad apples" now because they ordered the old man to step back, he refused and stood his ground, and they gave him a light push and he tripped and fell to the ground? In a time when the entire country is gripped with violent riots in which numerous police officers have been shot and killed for doing their job? Give me a break.

Nope. Some of you just don't get it. The US is majority White but the NFL is majority Black and they have been dealing with this issue for years. Ignorance is bliss.

You know, maybe I don't get it. But you referring to that particular video as an example of how the "whole institution has issues" doesn't help me understand any better. That's the point I'm trying to make that perhaps you don't get.

Seeing that the old man isn't a threat to them or anyone else, I agree that pushing him to the ground is incredibly unnecessary. What if that were your old man standing his ground and getting pushed? You gonna tell him "well you should have listened to them and not tripped I guess, they're completely right even though they had other more peaceful methods of getting you out of the area during a time where they look the worst right now."

You an't be serious my dude.

Seeing that the old man isn't a threat to them or anyone else, I agree that pushing him to the ground is incredibly unnecessary. What if that were your old man standing his ground and getting pushed? You gonna tell him "well you should have listened to them and not tripped I guess, they're completely right even though they had other more peaceful methods of getting you out of the area during a time where they look the worst right now."

You an't be serious my dude.
More peaceful methods than a light shove, which unfortunately caused the man to fall back and hit his head? During a time when police officers are being attacked and killed? You're definitely not being serious.

More peaceful methods than a light shove, which unfortunately caused the man to fall back and hit his head? During a time when police officers are being attacked and killed? You're definitely not being serious.

What about this man screams "THREAT"? You mean to tell me a group of cops who are armed with shields and guns have to resort to putting their hands on an elderly man who's unarmed and is no threat to a bloody pigeon let alone these enforcers? Excuse me?

Yeah, because an old man who's out protesting is incapable of brandishing a weapon and injuring/killing a cop. They told him to step back. He refused and confronted the cops. They lightly pushed him and he fall backwards. It's a shame he got hurt, but it's his fault. You're excused!

Yeah, because an old man who's out protesting is incapable of brandishing a weapon and injuring/killing a cop. They told him to step back. He refused and confronted the cops. They lightly pushed him and he fall backwards. It's a shame he got hurt, but it's his fault. You're excused!

No, that's stupid and absolutely unnecessary. Just because he's capable of arming himself doesn't mean he is armed at that moment. What's he gonna do? Scream at a cloud and cause it to strike lightning on one of them? How do you know he's even protesting and not just in the area? Even if he was, he's no harm to anyone and they could have literally walked him to a new location. Nope, gotta be forceful with everyone because omg riots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom