What exactly is going on with Payton Turner ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
He's not on any injury reports ... What's going on ? :unsure:

I think dude is a Monster , a Davenport clone.

With Davenport missing some time , I'd expect him to be first in line to get some reps.

What gives ?

I was thinking when we drafted Turner he would be a Davenport clone

turns out he is both hurt

tough luck

With Davenport missing some time , I'd expect him to be first in line to get some reps.

What gives ?
I was thinking when we drafted Turner he would be a Davenport clone

turns out he is both hurt

tough luck

oh sorry. meaning, seems really bad teams want their picks to come in and start. better teams usually want contributions, but it's maybe as a backup with significant playing time or as a nickel corner before moving to a starter or whatever. But if a team averages 13 wins over 4 years and has built great depth, they can get max value from their pick by giving them a smooth onramp to being a pro, can afford to slowly bring an injured player along while they get their body in NFL shape, stuff like that

like obviously it can't be TOO long because there's so much value in rookie contracts. But better to have a guy prepared for year 2 or 3 then throw him out there and have his development stagnate

Isn't there lots that goes into it too...Like tenure and respect to veterans for cohesion purposes. Next man up but you have to earn that. Kind of a business model say?

What gives ?
He missed a lot of training camp. So they’re letting him get acclimated instead of throwing him to the wolves. It’s a luxury not every team has.

Yeah it's a long season and we already down Davenport. He may not be a healthy scratch this week.

I remember reading reports that he was decent at the beginning of camp, but then he got hurt and disappeared. I thought he was still hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom