What Free Agent LBs are left that could help us? (1 Viewer)

Pratt would’ve been a HUGE ADDITION, but he re-signed with the Bungles. He’s a very good LB.

Of who I know is still available on that list… I’d take Kwon.

He knows the guys, knows the defense, and brought an energy to the squad.

Miles Jack would be #2, but I fear injuries and inconsistency may have caught up to him.

But just to point out that we could say that about any position on a football roster.

Teams don't have the luxury of signing more starters than they need as a matter of course, and their relative price tends to lead to developing younger, cheaper backups. And as evidence of this being perfectly fine, there was a guy without starting experience, who was not a veteran, and he did just fine as an injury fill in. Name of Ellis...

I also heard the same being said when Kwon and Demario were the starters, "get another starter!" it went, and yet the team had some guy called Werner they knew would be able to take over.
Exactly this. Also what guy capable of being a starter is going to want to come sit behind a starter and maybe just get a handful of snaps in certain packages or an injury?

Wagner was never going to come here to maybe get a dozen snaps as a SLB. Chark was never going to come here to be our 4th WR. Even if you pay them well they are looking for a bigger role so they can sign the next big contract.

We might be able to get a lighter DE type since we don't have one on the roster. Maybe a DT might see a chance to get in the rotation but with Roach back they might see it as we have 3 guys already. Players have to know we aren't happy with Trautman so maybe a traditional TE could see a big enough role to come here. Johnson saw a chance at nickelback and bet on himself. You're not going to get a guaranteed starter but guys like Abrams and hopefully Edwards.

I hope we draft nothing but DE with our #1 pick, Linebacker would be great. We suck at getting healthy DE’s in the first.

Exactly this. Also what guy capable of being a starter is going to want to come sit behind a starter and maybe just get a handful of snaps in certain packages or an injury?

Wagner was never going to come here to maybe get a dozen snaps as a SLB. Chark was never going to come here to be our 4th WR. Even if you pay them well they are looking for a bigger role so they can sign the next big contract.

We might be able to get a lighter DE type since we don't have one on the roster. Maybe a DT might see a chance to get in the rotation but with Roach back they might see it as we have 3 guys already. Players have to know we aren't happy with Trautman so maybe a traditional TE could see a big enough role to come here. Johnson saw a chance at nickelback and bet on himself. You're not going to get a guaranteed starter but guys like Abrams and hopefully Edwards.
Would love to get a lighter DE as well! Somebody who’s “twitchy”, n can get off the edge, n run the hoop on an OT!! Even he’s jus “ a situational pass rusher”, I’ll take him, because we’ve been missing that kind of player! We’ll see

It's a position the Saints have yet to address and seem set at with Davis, Werner, Baun and Jackson so they could just plan to add to the unit via the draft and probably will keep their eyes toward the waiver wire during camp and after teams purge to make their 53 man roster.

Rashaan Evans is still available, the Falcons have some interest in bringing him back but he would be a rotational player for them after they signed Elliss. He led the Falcons in tackles last year.

With the QBs, RBs and TEs being heavy in this draft along with the talent on defense, there will be some good LBs that don't go early. Same with DTs & DEs. I think we can get some good defensive talent after round 1 this year.

I think it depends on how high the coaching staff thinks about D'marco Jackson.

Last I heard, Kwon Alexander is still available! lol
Kwon I’d take. Hard to expect anything from a mid to late round player who missed his entire rookie season…those players almost universally bust

Hard to expect anything from a mid to late round player who missed his entire rookie season…those players almost universally bust
Kaden Elliss was selected by the New Orleans Saints with the 244th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2019 NFL Draft. On September 25, 2019, he was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.

Not entirely sure why so many seem to resist the idea that the team can find value at this position in the later rounds.

Kaden Elliss was selected by the New Orleans Saints with the 244th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2019 NFL Draft. On September 25, 2019, he was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.

Not entirely sure why so many seem to resist the idea that the team can find value at this position in the later rounds.
One zebra doesn’t make me less likely to think the animal is a horse when it gallops by me

One zebra doesn’t make me less likely to think the animal is a horse when it gallops by me
That’s funny…

The thing that sucks the most is just losing Elliss though. He was coached-up by the Saints… began to realize his potential (even though he was a late late pick… and then as soon as he starts to really emerge, he gets snagged by an arch-rival!

Of all of the free agents the Saints lose this offseason, I feel Kaden Elliss was the biggest.

I had a very strong feeling that Neilsen would steal him for his big break, but hopefully Atlanta mis-uses him and he gets his money but is largely wasted with that turd of a franchise

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom