What game did you guys watch? (1 Viewer)

I liked the play of Moorestead and the defense looked pretty good too. Wait till we have our first home game before casting decisions on this years team. If we are poor at home again this year, then I will be concerned. Houston looks like a good team this year, they have three stud receivers and a very stout defense. . .. . Vince Willfork is a dominate force in the middle, then Clowney, the other DT that lost all the weight can't remember his name. It was a very boring Offense, but there were bright spots, Garrett looked decent on a couple sideline passes.

I am not real concerned as long as we stay healthy on the Oline. . . We have to remember that the QB is getting all the money this year, next year will be better.

dd, I don't know what game planning they did, but I can see that on multiple occasions, the Saints offensive linemen were simply beaten by the defender. It happens. But in my view, it happened with way too much regularity to be comfortable with the offensive line play. When Brees was in the game and the top linemen were playing, the line got no push in the run game and allowed too much penetration on passing plays. Not every time, but enough that it concerns me. The fact that the starting offense had less than 70 yards in the first half is likely to be a concern for the coaching staff as well. And it wasn't just the linemen either. Backs didn't make their blitz adjustments well and that will get your QB mauled. I am sorry, but I don't think the offensive deficiencies tonight were all on the absence of Cooks and Snead.

I agree. If you can't beat the guy in front of you, then just slow them down. The problem I saw was that nearly every defender was in the backfield every play including running plays. We need help in the OL. Then we also need to address turnovers. Basic fundamentals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom