What game did you guys watch? (2 Viewers)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Brees was hit three times and two of them there were penalties on the Texans. I'm not going to blame the Oline for a late hit or for illegal contact. The Texans had one legitimate sack and that came from clowney. There is no shame in that. There were numerous times that Brees had a perfect pocket. You guys sound like cowboys fans. The other team gets paid too. Guys it's football and he will get hit.

I'm watching the game right now and I'm extremely happy. The defense has a ton of young talent and Byrd seems more active than ever with us, KV is all over the field and Fairley looks great. Considering we didn't have cooks or Snead I'm not sure what you expected.

Don't worry about the offense. I saw no chip blocks or game planning from the oline. It's like some of you have forgotten that Payton is an offensive genius. I saw a 11 win team out their tonight for the black and gold. Oline play is about playing as a unit and that comes with rhythm. Once we settle on starters we will be fine.

Watching the third quarter now. Under 7 to go and we are playing third stringers on the line. Houston is still playing Clowney who was a first overall pick two years ago.

I caught flack for saying Murphy should of been cut mid season last year. He simply can't hold onto the ball.

Peat may be struggling a bit but we need to just let him play one spot.

All in all this is the best I've felt during preseason in years. Ryan was always bad. Even when we were supposedly good on D we couldn't force a turnover. Think about this we never scored a defensive TD under Ryan and no one got better.

dd, I don't know what game planning they did, but I can see that on multiple occasions, the Saints offensive linemen were simply beaten by the defender. It happens. But in my view, it happened with way too much regularity to be comfortable with the offensive line play. When Brees was in the game and the top linemen were playing, the line got no push in the run game and allowed too much penetration on passing plays. Not every time, but enough that it concerns me. The fact that the starting offense had less than 70 yards in the first half is likely to be a concern for the coaching staff as well. And it wasn't just the linemen either. Backs didn't make their blitz adjustments well and that will get your QB mauled. I am sorry, but I don't think the offensive deficiencies tonight were all on the absence of Cooks and Snead.

I know that it wasn't what you were watching..!

If what you said is true then why there were no touchdowns, no running game!

I am not trying to be pessimistic, but what I saw was not what I was looking forward for.
I know this is preseason game and we play to test players and try different thing but it was awful to watch.

Let us learn from this game and move on, but we should not just think this is acceptable in a season game.

Lets go Saints.

I understand the concern but Coleman singlehandedly cost us points. We also obviously aren't featuring Fleener or Thomas like I believe we will.

The Texans obviously wanted to win this game and good for them. I love the way Spiller looks and I really do believe that the Oline will be fine when they gel. I saw numerous clean pockets and a key third and one conversion which we aren't always good at.

I saw bright spots from Lasco, TL Lewis, Eric Harris, and the linebackers can actually cover. This team wins 11 games or more.

I know that it wasn't what you were watching..!

If what you said is true then why there were no touchdowns, no running game!

I am not trying to be pessimistic, but what I saw was not what I was looking forward for.
I know this is preseason game and we play to test players and try different thing but it was awful to watch.

Let us learn from this game and move on, but we should not just think this is acceptable in a season game.

Lets go Saints.

Outside of 2009 how often does the offense look great to start a pre season. Clowney dang near played 40 minutes. The Texans wanted this game bad.

Every year people panic about the offense and every year Payton works magic again.

In 2011 Brees played in three preseason games. He only completed 23 of 41 passes with 0 TDs and a passer rating under 80. I would say that year worked out well. Keep the faith in Payton.

Funny part is that I'm usually the pessimistic one. We had a TD dropped along with numerous Coleman drops. I saw a ton of positives. We will have a top 5 offense and DA is a 10000000000000000000000 times better than Ryan.

So Sean Payton, Drew Brees our entire team, fanbase and media universally agree this was a offensive horror show but you see it as a positive......

Great thanks all is well now

I have seen neither the game, nor the post-game interviews. Yet.

So Sean was angry? Drew angry?

Brees was hit three times and two of them there were penalties on the Texans. I'm not going to blame the Oline for a late hit or for illegal contact. The Texans had one legitimate sack and that came from clowney. There is no shame in that. There were numerous times that Brees had a perfect pocket. You guys sound like cowboys fans. The other team gets paid too. Guys it's football and he will get hit.

I'm watching the game right now and I'm extremely happy. The defense has a ton of young talent and Byrd seems more active than ever with us, KV is all over the field and Fairley looks great. Considering we didn't have cooks or Snead I'm not sure what you expected.

Don't worry about the offense. I saw no chip blocks or game planning from the oline. It's like some of you have forgotten that Payton is an offensive genius. I saw a 11 win team out their tonight for the black and gold. Oline play is about playing as a unit and that comes with rhythm. Once we settle on starters we will be fine.

Watching the third quarter now. Under 7 to go and we are playing third stringers on the line. Houston is still playing Clowney who was a first overall pick two years ago.

I caught flack for saying Murphy should of been cut mid season last year. He simply can't hold onto the ball.

Peat may be struggling a bit but we need to just let him play one spot.

All in all this is the best I've felt during preseason in years. Ryan was always bad. Even when we were supposedly good on D we couldn't force a turnover. Think about this we never scored a defensive TD under Ryan and no one got better.

I must say that it is good to read such enthusiastic optimism in the wake of the second emotionally-deflating preseason game. You're going to be a valuable asset to our forum this year. But I beg you, for the sake of your family, please hold off making any monetary bets.

The defense wasn't just average. They were very good.

That's the thing to get excited about. The offense will be top 5 again. It always is and this isn't the first lackluster preseason for them.

I'm worried about the OL and Bree's taking too many hits, but if we play defense like we have been the past two weeks, we can compete.

I don't know the camera coverage of the game was barely tolerable.. we must have the worst crew in preseason football.. I don't even know who did what. Though I did see peat get blown up Like a undated free agent that won't make it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom