What happened to promised government transparency (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
Barack Obama promised transparency: The White House is as opaque, secretive, and hostile to open government as George Bush

President Obama promised transparency and open government. He failed miserably. So why do Washington watchdog groups look the other way?

President Obama has failed to deliver on few promises as miserably as his vow to create a more transparent and open government. Shortly after being sworn into office, he sent a memo to federal agencies promising, “We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration.”

More in Article

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I think you are right on this, but Kiriakou got the book throw at him because he gave away names of agents in the field. That's a huge no no, and he knew it. He could have easily gotten agents killed. He was clearly an idiot about it. Manning is a much better poster boy for this then Kirakou.

Manning has been tortured. That's a big deal to me as a u.s. citizen to know that another was treated so poorly before trial, be it civilian, or military.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, and I have supported Obama. It is disappointing.

You can take the politician out of Chicago . . .

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Usually if a person has to loudly voice their ideas over and over it is more likely it is just lip service. I use this thought mostly with people that speak out about how much a person of christ they are and it usually those people are the ones that are the ones you have to watch very closely.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Usually if a person has to loudly voice their ideas over and over it is more likely it is just lip service. I use this thought mostly with people that speak out about how much a person of christ they are and it usually those people are the ones that are the ones you have to watch very closely.
The guy with the double alarm on the house and the car and the guy who won't take checks at his business is likely the one who bounces checks and steals from people. Same as business. Anyone who says they can't do business with friends knows it's because they treat people poorly and wouldn't have any friends left after they figured him out.

daMixter

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The guy with the double alarm on the house and the car and the guy who won't take checks at his business is likely the one who bounces checks and steals from people. Same as business. Anyone who says they can't do business with friends knows it's because they treat people poorly and wouldn't have any friends left after they figured him out.
good, relevant thread post. The high horse needs a drink of water

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
good, relevant thread post. The high horse needs a drink of water
It was though I guess the soaring heights of the thought missed you.

When Karl Rove suggests the best tactic to deal with a candidates personal deficiency is to cast the same deficiency against his opponent you applaud.

When Obama employs that tactic and people like me make slightly confusing and illusory statements agreeing with someone condemning him for it, those without much sense miss the point.

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Obama can get me full access to Area51, I will vote for him in the next Presidential election. :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)