What happened to Siglines and Avatars? (1 Viewer)

Saint-Ragnar

"Official" Vikings Fan/GM
Reaction score
I noticed the Avatars and siglines are missing from this board today, what happened to them?

slowing the site down with it blowing up with members so they took them down for now

My guess is that due to exremely high site traffic, they disabled them to speed the site up. It was crashing and really slow last night.

My guess is that due to exremely high site traffic, they disabled them to speed the site up....

slowing the site down with it blowing up with members so they took them down for now

Exactly right. Even with the additional bandwidth that we pay for, when a ton of members all access the site at the same time the site slows down some. Removing the sigs and avatars helps with access speed and stability. They will reappear when not so many of our members are trying to check on what is happening.

Some of you may remember that in times past even removal of avatars and sigs did not help. But our owner and webmaster added additional servers to help with these peak times. It costs more, so your help is needed to defray cost. Check this link for our annual fund raiser, going on now:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2&a=7

The site is free, but we still incur significant cost to run this place. Every little bit helps, so - please - chip in and help us with the site costs. So far, we have only defrayed a small portion of site costs. Your help, in any amount you can afford to donate, will be much appreciated. :9:

I really love this site, i'd even pay a monthly fee if they took it there, so god bless them for not....you know what, i'm about to make a donation....

It means that the newest members have to buy donuts for the veterans. I like glazed. With that being said, welcome rookie.

since when was 2006 a veteran? last i checked there were people on here from '97 :hihi:

It means that the newest members have to buy donuts for the veterans. I like glazed. With that being said, welcome rookie.

homer-donut.jpg

I really love this site, i'd even pay a monthly fee if they took it there, so god bless them for not....you know what, i'm about to make a donation....

Me too, wife reminded me this morning. She said "with all the bandwidth you take up over there you can't forget to send them a donation".....:hihi: she knows me too well.

i'd honestly throw a donation of 50-100 if i still had a credit card..i got rid if it about a month ago, too tempting to buy stuff i didnt have money for
and i dont have paypal or anything else, so i can't really buy stuff online. sucks

How about if the biggest contributor gets to ban somebody? That might get donations up.

You can contribute a monthly contribution to the site through pay pal. I have to check, but as far as I know that is still an option.

You can contribute a monthly contribution to the site through pay pal. I have to check, but as far as I know that is still an option.

It is, Rugger. So is check and money order. :ezbill:

The physical address is in the link I have in my post above,

And thanks to all who have mentioned a donation in this thread. We cannot run this site without the help of our members. :)

It is, Rugger. So is check and money order. :ezbill:

The physical address is in the link I have in my post above,

And thanks to all who have mentioned a donation in this thread. We cannot run this site without the help of our members. :)

wait so you can send checks??
let me see what i can dig up man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom